• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Loathsome to make a statement at noon"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    The point of the opposition is to point out to the government the follies in their potential policies and give ministers ideas for new policies.
    That's the role of the House of Lords. The House of Common is about spending Taxpayers income, preferably on your own pet project. It seems to me that most of the Tory governments we've had undo some of the over spending and their project do seem to be more in line with a 'commercially' orientated country (infrastructure projects, for instance, instead of green party propaganda).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The point of the opposition is to point out to the government the follies in their potential policies and give ministers ideas for new policies.
    Noooooooooooooooo....

For the love of God, don't give them new ideas...

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    FTFY
    I had a vision of HRH doing a thumbs up/down gesture as per roman emporer times, but maybe I've been watching too many movies about gladiators.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Will take them less than an hour. Camoron drives in, her Maj pulls a lever and drops him into a shark tank, as May is driving in and steps up.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

If Labour is f***ing around fighting with each other then everytime they are on a commons committee the MP is putting his/her own ideas forward which may not be Labour party policy.

Though I've just heard that Corbyn has an absence of policies in loads of key areas.

Also I don't know why the unions support him when he wants to get rid of some of their members jobs in the defence industry.
    The Unions support him because they are all in the 'Lets pretend to hate the rich while we milk the Union funds and get rich ourselves club'

But especially if you recall that Corbyn was pro Remain and yet it was the main Labour strongholds which had the most leave votes.

If May does trigger Article 50 and we do leave the EU there may be a huge change in voting in some of those areas.... which will be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

If Labour is f***ing around fighting with each other then everytime they are on a commons committee the MP is putting his/her own ideas forward which may not be Labour party policy.

Though I've just heard that Corbyn has an absence of policies in loads of key areas.

Also I don't know why the unions support him when he wants to get rid of some of their members jobs in the defence industry.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    It is interesting to compare and contrast the actions of the two parties.

Seems that the Tories decided to do what is best for the country and restore stability by not fighting a battle which would clearly have been won by May and which would have meant no PM till September

Where as Labour are running around challenging laws about how many MP's you need to support you before you can run for leadership and to hell with other things.

I suppose you could argue that Labour have fook all else to do for next 2 years so they can fook around all they want.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Mother Teresa was actually regarded as nasty by some people. There was a book and a channel 4 documentary that "exposed" her nasty side. One of the day things she apparently thought and said is that poor people needed to accept their poverty while the rich were divine.

Then there are the stories of the Catholic nuns abusing pregnant unmarried mothers in Ireland. The leader of such an order is a Mother Superior.

Hence calling May "Mother Theresa" isn't as nice as it first appears...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Sorry but it was very good - Loathsome

Now all we are left with is Not A Mother Theresa.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Now all we are left with is Mother Theresa.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    OI! Who said you could use my copyrighted name for her SE? I shall Sue.

Now all we are left with is Mother Theresa.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    OI! Who said you could use my copyrighted name for her SE? I shall Sue.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    14th is already booked!
    Will take them less than an hour. Camoron drives in, steps down and drives out as May is driving in and steps up.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It has to be done at Buckingham Palace so the Queen, Camoron and May don't have a choice.
    14th is already booked!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Apparently it can't be too soon because The Queen is away.

British democracy: it's great.
    Her Majesty got more important things to do - prepare for Thursday

Leave a comment:

Working...
X