• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loathsome to make a statement at noon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    It's Wednesday.
    Apparently it can't be too soon because The Queen is away.

British democracy: it's great.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Apparently it can't be too soon because The Queen is away.

British democracy: it's great.
      She's in Norfolk! Would you drive all the way there to resign when there'll be 3 news helicopters hovering over you all the way?

Besides, CMD gets to have one last go at Corbyn this way.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Don't confuse TM sitting very quietly on the Remain side with being pro-remain.
        I like the way you're now claiming Remain politicians were now on your side all along. Is that because all the politicians on your side have run away?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          She's in Norfolk! Would you drive all the way there to resign when there'll be 3 news helicopters hovering over you all the way?

Besides, CMD gets to have one last go at Corbyn this way.
          It has to be done at Buckingham Palace so the Queen, Camoron and May don't have a choice.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The Daily Express readers are now "frothing at the mouth" and "sharpening their pitch forks" again at the prospect of May being Prime Minister, that was a short lived euphoria.

That's what happens when they eat their fish and chips out of that rag. Though their wooden forks will be tiny if the local chippie's offering are anything to go by.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              It has to be done at Buckingham Palace so the Queen, Camoron and May don't have a choice.
              What if the Queen passes away while she's away, an even longer delay.

Ladbrokes won't give me odds of that happening after all the recent heads falling.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Looks like Cameron and family will have to cancel their annual jaunt to Balmoral

Are you sure it must be done at Buck House? I can't see any specific reason besides practical convenience why it shouldn't be in any of HMQ's residences.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Looks like Cameron and family will have to cancel their annual jaunt to Balmoral

Are you sure it must be done at Buck House? I can't see any specific reason besides practical convenience why it shouldn't be in any of HMQ's residences.
                  Heard some constitutional expert say that a new leader has to go to Buck House to make a request to the Queen that they should be PM.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Heard some constitutional expert say that a new leader has to go to Buck House to make a request to the Queen that they should be PM.
                    Yes, I'm sure they must have an audience. But I don't think it has to be in a particular place, just where the Queen happens to be in residence at the time.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      I remember watching the live coverage in 2010 and Her Maj flew in by helicopter from Windsor (I think it was). Maybe it's just a ceremonial thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X