• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: It's Team UK now.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's Team UK now."

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Come on FLC. You aren't going to take that are you?
    The way he goes on I hope so

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Apparently this translates as 'Will lick soap'

No wonder he doesn't make any sense if that's the quality of google translate.

https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...r%20sab%C3%A3o

Vai à merda has a pretty clear translation though LOL
    No, it doesn’t mean what you think.

Google translator does not work properly with sentences, you should know that.
    You look like an idiot, like me, when I'm trying to figure out some English expressions.

My English is better than your Portuguese.

Olha, vai pentear macacos sim.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    I think he's probably busy with his Hungarian prostate maseusse

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    You are crossing the line...2nd warning.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    .. How good are you at sucking nectar?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Apparently the purpose of the opposition according to some constitution expert is to form a government with no notice, so Labour could in theory be stripped of that role if Corbyn remains leader. So Camoron telling Corbyn to go for the sake of the country was actually right.
    I understood they were there to critique government policy. There isn't really one of those either so I don't suppose it matters too much

If Laird HawHaw was still around he'd no doubt be pointing to the SNP's offer to become the official opposition. In the current curcumstances, it's hard to argue with that offer.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Is this the "We have no plan so we'll resort to vague exhortations to all pull together" thread?
    Yep.

The leavers keep saying we should all pull together but they haven't told us what to do, and how they are going to sort out the mess including racial abuse/hatred that people are suffering.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Is this the "We have no plan so we'll resort to vague exhortations to all pull together" thread?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Unelected press secretary telling a democratically elected MP what to do? Disgraceful!
    This why Labour MPs are saying he isn't a leader. His press secretary or "office" were the ones who stripped his speeches of immigration rhetoric during the referendum and cancelled the appointments at the last minute.

The number of resignations in the opposition is 65 plus 20 or so Labour MEPs say they have no confidence in Corbyn. So there is in effect no opposition.

Apparently the purpose of the opposition according to some constitution expert is to form a government with no notice, so Labour could in theory be stripped of that role if Corbyn remains leader. So Camoron telling Corbyn to go for the sake of the country was actually right.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Apparently Corbyn has said he's had enough but his press secretary Seamus Milne(?) says he has told him to stay put.

Unelected press secretary telling a democratically elected MP what to do? Disgraceful!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Apparently Corbyn has said he's had enough but his press secretary Seamus Milne(?) says he has told him to stay put.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Why do trade negotiations take so long? | VOX, CEPR’s Policy Portal

"
    We find that negotiations take significantly longer when they involve more countries, especially if the countries are spread across different regions.
    "
    India - Canada trade negotiations started in 2010, currently suspended.
    So bang goes your idea of knocking off a few over tea tomorrow to scare those Europeans
    You sheeple followed your innumerate leaders straight over a cliff.

Feck me I though we reached peak cretin, but still it keeps coming
    Last edited by CretinWatcher; 29 June 2016, 15:27.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    I thought the whole point of invoking Article 50 was to restore confidence in the markets and show that our main two parties aren't just a bunch of headless chickens. Restore AAA rating and all that.
    At last. Glad to hear that.

That said, what you are thinking is wrong.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    So your grand plan is to spend the next decade just trying to keep us afloat, before triggering article 50?

You do know how long trade negotiations take, don't you? It's not like sending a contract to B&C for a 24-hour turnaround...
    Why do trade negotiations take so long? | VOX, CEPR’s Policy Portal

We find that negotiations take significantly longer when they involve more countries, especially if the countries are spread across different regions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X