• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can we deport the racists please?"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Parliament asked because the Wail and other media outlets were claiming it had increased. Oddly enough politicians react to the media.

The police statistics would be able to prove whether the media was making a fuss based on nothing or not. In this case there is evidence to suggest the media were right.
    It's true.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Ever stopped to ask yourself why a "Parliament" overstocked with Pro-Remainers should go asking the Police for such statistics? More Project Fear propaganda. Lies, damned lies, and statistics. Nothing more.
    Pounced upon, of course, by the gullible liberals. Honestly, I bet you could wring your hands before you could walk.
    Parliament asked because the Wail and other media outlets were claiming it had increased. Oddly enough politicians react to the media.

The police statistics would be able to prove whether the media was making a fuss based on nothing or not. In this case there is evidence to suggest the media were right.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    brand UK
    What PR bollox. It is and has been Great Britain PLC for a long time (and GB Ltd before that).

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    The damage caused to brand UK by all this will be lasting.
    You'd think twice if you were a foreign investor, wouldn't you, even apart from the poor economic outlook.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I'm not defending these things but don't confuse cause with effect. The referendum campaign did not create these tensions from nowhere, merely released legitimised pent up anger...
    FTFY.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Bracist.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I guess Brexiters don't like facts....
    Bracist.

We are all in this together. Or the 48% who voted stay can f00k off and get their own country. Why not move to Syria?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I made my post 5 days ago on the day parliament asked for figures which the police had to compile and cross check.
    Ever stopped to ask yourself why a "Parliament" overstocked with Pro-Remainers should go asking the Police for such statistics? More Project Fear propaganda. Lies, damned lies, and statistics. Nothing more.
    Pounced upon, of course, by the gullible liberals. Honestly, I bet you could wring your hands before you could walk.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    London riots being a recent, prime example.
    yeah what are you to do when the 50 execute an innocent drug dealer and you need new treads?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I'm not defending these things but don't confuse cause with effect. The referendum campaign did not create these tensions from nowhere, merely released pent up anger from people whose valid concerns have been ignored and dismissed for far too long.

Look at history, this has happened over and over again. Tensions are suppressed for decades and finally, when some event triggers the reaction, things go over the top. In the Ottoman empire Christians and Muslims had co-existed reasonably well for centuries until events following the first world war triggered massacres.

If our governments don't want conflicts they need to listen a bit more to citizens' concerns and address them while they are still minor.
    And then they may win referendum....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I'm not defending these things but don't confuse cause with effect. The referendum campaign did not create these tensions from nowhere, merely released pent up anger from people whose valid concerns have been ignored and dismissed for far too long.

Look at history, this has happened over and over again. Tensions are suppressed for decades and finally, when some event triggers the reaction, things go over the top. In the Ottoman empire Christians and Muslims had co-existed reasonably well for centuries until events following the first world war triggered massacres.

If our governments don't want conflicts they need to listen a bit more to citizens' concerns and address them while they are still minor.
    London riots being a recent, prime example.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Oh well if there are "loads of people" then that clinches it!
    Honestly, anyone would think that racism only started on the 24th June.
    FWIW, most of the abusive stuff has come from overly-miffed Bremainers still refusing to accept that the nation's democratic choice went against them.
    Petulant, churlish, and pathetic in equal measure.
    Get over it and move on.

I made my post 5 days ago on the day parliament asked for figures which the police had to compile and cross check. Since you keep up with the news I'm surprised you couldn't find the figures yourself instead of trying to rubbishing my post.

I guess Brexiters don't like facts....

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Slowly going up I see: Three race hate crimes every hour since EU referendum, say Met Police | Crime | News | The Independent

New figures show 599 incidents of race hate crime were reported to Scotland Yard between 24 June - the day the result was announced - and 2 July.

It means the Metropolitan Police was receiving an average of 67 allegations a day in the wake of the poll. This was a rise of more than 50 per cent compared to the average daily number of 44 prior to 24 June.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    FWIW, most of the abusive stuff has come from overly-miffed Bremainers still refusing to accept that the nation's democratic choice went against them.
    Get over it and move on.

Come on then, where is this Bremainer racism? We need facts not more made up bollocks...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Loads of people are reporting of being verbally abused including those with Irish surnames and those who have an Indian heritage.
    Get over it and move on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X