• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Birstall MP attacked and killed"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Nigel doesn't need him any more, now he's got his new friend Donald to play with.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    The fact he pleaded not guilty says it all really, throw away the key.
    Actually he entered no plea. It was the judge who was legally required to enter not guilty pleas on his behalf.

During the trial he just sat there facing forward all the time, never looking around, even to look at on-screen photos the police took of the inside of his own house. Though he did take notes.

No reaction on conviction or sentencing. Then he and his three guards got up and swiftly walked out.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Just come out of the public gallery of court 8. Guilty on all four counts, and almost immediately given a whole life sentence by the judge.
    His defence barrister asked the judge whether Thomas Mair could say a few sentences to the court, but the judge refused.
    The right sentence in my view. Good riddance to bad rubbish..
    The fact he pleaded not guilty says it all really, throw away the key.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Just come out of the public gallery of court 8. Guilty on all four counts, and almost immediately given a whole life sentence by the judge.
    His defence barrister asked the judge whether Thomas Mair could say a few sentences to the court, but the judge refused.
    Donald Trump wants him as UK ambassador to the US.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Some nice Brexit nostalgia in this thread - anyone remember that?

Anyhow, it's polling day in Batley and Spen and it seems it's Labour verses an array of loonies. The Conservatives, Liberal Democrats, Greens and UKIP, all declined to field candidates.

The other candidates are:
    Richard Edmonds – National Front,
    David Furness – British National Party,
    Therese Hirst – English Democrats,
    Jack Buckby – ‘No to terrorism, yes to Britain’,
    Waqas Ali Khan – Independent,
    Garry Kitchin – Independent,
    ANTI Corbyn* – By-election Protest,
    Ankit Love – the One Love Party and
    Henry Edmund Burke Mayhew – Independent.

Originally posted by sun
    * - Another far-right candidate is Neil Humphrey of the English Independence Party. The pro-hanging former English Democrat member has changed his name by deed poll so he will appear on ballot papers as “ANTI Corbyn – By-election Protest”.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    ??? I think something between the chair and keyboard is broken.
    i would have said between the seat base and waist line myself

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    There is a nut loose in front of his keyboard.
    Given your banter I doubt yours are suitable torqued.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    There is a nut loose in front of his keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Norhten takl for a keabb.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    What's a kabab?
    Norhten takl for a keabb.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Kabab then?
    What's a kabab?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    EEK's comment was not a "chip on the shoulder" comment
    Kabab then?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Why does it matter where my home is? I'm exercising my right to 'freedom of movement' that allows me to work in any EU member country. My opinion is very valid.

Hoist the chip off your shoulder for goodness sake.
    EEK's comment was not a "chip on the shoulder" comment

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Good. It might well be the % of the Vote that you and all the compliant herd attain on thursday.
    Perhaps when the remain vote comes in Devon can hold a referendum and the rest if the UK will send it on its way.

It like a bandaid, the quicker you tear it off the better for all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X