• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thinking of buying a Bosch appliance?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Appliances are like hookers. You need to keep replacing them regularly before they fill up

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    KUATB
    Pitsos and Gaggenau too

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Indesit? So you bought a Hotpoint! :lol:

You could have swapped you Bosch for a Siemens or Neff.
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Bosch, Siemans, Neff, all the same crap, rebadged.
    KUATB

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Bosch, Siemans, Neff, all the same crap, rebadged.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I had a Vaillant EcoTec Plus boiler fitted a few years back. Superb bit of kit.

Dunno if that helps?
    Worcester Bosch are better than Vaillant. Vaillant are better than the rest of them.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    I'm having a Worcester Bosch boiler installed in a week's time. Is the consensus of opinion that I should have a re-think?
    I had a Vaillant EcoTec Plus boiler fitted a few years back. Superb bit of kit.

Dunno if that helps?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Got three of them across our properties. Never caused any problems before that I recall.

Leave a comment:

• Acme Thunderer
    replied
    Replaced our 15 year old Bosch dishwasher with another Bosch and have had no problems - after I remembered to take the bung out of the outlet pipe. Only replaced it because it was beginning to rust on the outer casing

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    I'm having a Worcester Bosch boiler installed in a week's time. Is the consensus of opinion that I should have a re-think?
    The boilers are different from their white goods.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I love Borscht, it's very healthy apart from the pig's knuckle.
    No pig's knuckle in my borscht. It's not allowed.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Why?
    My Bosch dishwasher is 10 years old still works as well as day 1. Tumbledryer is 15 yrs old and going strong.
    Where do I start? The old Bosch dishwasher lasted 15 years, and was as reliable as a wood burning stove. Packed up, fair enough, new one arrived, and it might has well have been built by striking Albanians. The Bosch warranty doesn't account for supplying a heap of sh1te which would never work in this or any other universe. They called it "an installation problem" thereby absolving themselves of any responsibility. Won't be buying anything from Bosch again.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Miele or Beko.

Either go high end and high cost, or go low cost and save for a replacement.
    Have to replace the house if it's a Beko washer or tumble drier.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    The chief exec for Miele was on TV the other month I had not realised that they were German. Either way he was saying that they try and hold parts for their stuff for quite some time which means its quite possible to buy their stuff and still be able to repair it 10 years down the road or more.

I don't mind paying out if its going to be a reparable item.
    This.
    I hate throwaway items, buy well, pay what it costs and enjoy owning it. I don't own much, but it will always be top quality.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    For the Love Of God, don't...
    For the love of Satan, do....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X