• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Voting to remain is not the same as "carry on as we are...""

Collapse

• Drei
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    85% Proles or Poles?
    I think he meant Poles

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    85% Proles or Poles?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You missed the layer underneath which says "PurpleGorilla".
    Humans do tend to treat animals with savage inferiority.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    You missed the layer underneath which says "PurpleGorilla".

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Drei, based on all your experience/knowledge/figures, why is UK unemployment so low?

Either these people are coming over and stealing our benefits or they are coming over here and stealing our jobs (based on what many Brexiters claim)

Since you are quoting the amount they are earning, then they aren't on benefits, therefore they are "stealing our jobs". Except they aren't. If they were, the unemployment levels among Brits would be far higher. Why isn't it?
    Unemployment is low because low paid full time jobs have been turned into zero hours part time jobs (for tax and benefits reasons). Suddenly this means lots of "new" jobs, which were the old jobs sliced into pieces. The low pay is topped up with benefits, hence immigrants get a job and their rent paid by the state.

So we have a low unemployment rate and ballooning public debt paying for it all.

It's the new normal.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Drei, based on all your experience/knowledge/figures, why is UK unemployment so low?

Either these people are coming over and stealing our benefits or they are coming over here and stealing our jobs (based on what many Brexiters claim)

Since you are quoting the amount they are earning, then they aren't on benefits, therefore they are "stealing our jobs". Except they aren't. If they were, the unemployment levels among Brits would be far higher. Why isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Drei
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What slavic languages, Polish?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_languages

Most common immigrant languages

From WiKi, probably outdated by now as this was done in 2011, might wanna x10 on all Eastern Countries.

According to the 2011 census, English or Welsh was the main language of 92.3% of the residents of England and Wales. Among other languages, the most common were as follows.[53]

Polish 546,000 or 1.0%
    Punjabi 273,000 or 0.5%
    Urdu 269,000 or 0.5%
    Bengali (with Sylheti and Chatgaya) 221,000 or 0.4%
    Gujarati 213,000 or 0.4%
    Yoruba 190,000 or 0.4%
    Arabic 159,000 or 0.3%
    French 147,000 or 0.3%
    Chinese/Sinitic languages (excludes[clarification needed] Mandarin and Cantonese) 141,000 or 0.3%
    Portuguese 133,000 or 0.2%
    Spanish 120,000 or 0.2%
    Tamil 101,000 or 0.2%
    Turkish 99,000 or 0.2%
    Italian 92,000 or 0.2%
    Somali 86,000 or 0.2%
    Lithuanian 85,000 or 0.2%
    German 77,000 or 0.1%
    Persian 76,000 or 0.1%
    Languages of the Philippines 70,000 or 0.1%
    Romanian 68,000 or 0.1%

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-tongue.html
    Last edited by Drei; 3 May 2016, 09:06.

Leave a comment:

• Drei
    replied
    Why would they pour into the UK? UK is high tax, high cost of living country, especially for those below middle earnings - only thing that remains attraction is English language, perhaps there should be a requirement for fluent Welsh before people can cross the border?
    Please feel free to ask, while you are at it pop in my area too and ask them. However I can give you an example below.

To give you a quick example:
    • Eastern EU country salary £1 to £2.5 per hour, comes to about £400 (IT Office job) a month, out of that money they need to pay rent, service charges, food, bills etc. A couple might be able to save around £200/300 at best.
    • UK you make about £60/80 as a cheap Cleaner (most charge £10 to £15 per hour now), £120 to £200+ daily as a construction worker, anything else whatever UK salary is. This means the lowest an immigrant can earn is about £1400 a month, travel around £200, rent around £200 (living 3 couples in a 2 bed using living room as a bedroom) food etc so in the end you still get a minimum of £800 a month savings which is the equivalent to 4 people a Eastern European country. It becomes £1600 worst savings as a couple. If we go by the average it would be around £150 per day as a construction worker would earn around £3900 a month (this includes weekend rate, can be much higher as evening work), the female cleaner partner would earn around £1900 (also working the Saturday, due to mainly cash in hand she will pay minimum taxes).

So my friend do you see now why they come to the UK? £5800 salary before tax. I know plenty of people that went back home with minimum £50k (single person) to £100k+ in cash to open business or buy properties (I stress the S in properties). Hence the reason why the majority are construction workers and the partners cleaners.

FYI you won't find many single Eastern Europeans due to the cheaper as a couple thing. If anyone does come single to the UK but has a family back home they would still find a GF/BF of convenience to minimise cost and allow for human needs.

The population problem is real as many Eastern Europeans and British are saying that there are too many people around in construction/other work too, to the point where the daily rates are going down as Mr Jack Sparrows from E Country comes to the UK and is willing to work for £65 a day. A lot of construction workers pre-EU free travel boom used to earn £300+ a day. This is the times when they could come to UK as a tourist then apply for Business Visa and work as Self Employed. Most of these (pre-EU boom) are now UK Residents with British Passport or went back home where they are extremely rich (construction businesses, other businesses and properties).

Know a guy that used to make £5000 per week (slightly less now) digging trenches for pipes, electrical wiring or whatever they were needed for. Was getting paid by the meter. Saw his bank statement and I know he has 20 properties back home.

I have a lot more first hand experience with this stuff than many of the politicians or British public and can tell the truth of what really goes behind the scenes. Stuff that the common people won't know or do not want to know.

Different Aspect:

Just read in the paper today that Annette Street Primary School in Glasgow has 220 student and none are British. They are from Slovakia and Romania, also they don't speak English because they do not integrate, they speak their language at home and they speak only with relatives and others from the same country. The school is asking for money to improve its facilities to improve children's English since their parents won't. Last time I checked if you decide to go to a foreign country you should at least have the decency to try and learn its customs and language not expect the country to rehabilitate you, that's what immigration camps were for.
    Last edited by Drei; 3 May 2016, 08:57.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Some have, the Council are trying hard to improve Slough. The villages round it are quite nice.
    When I took a walk around there, 1997 I think it was, it was chav city.
    Don't think my brogues and Barbour went down too well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I don't know why don't you ask the eastern europeans who have flooded Slough. Britain's most reviled town and everyone round here speaks slavic languages.
    Slough is very good strategic staging area for the invasion.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Did they? haven't been to Slough since I stayed in the Holiday Inn one night in the 90s while visiting a client - God what a dump - Slough I mean
    I would have supposed an influx of Poles would have improved it, no?
    Some have, the Council are trying hard to improve Slough. The villages round it are quite nice.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I don't know why don't you ask the eastern europeans who have flooded Slough.
    Did they? haven't been to Slough since I stayed in the Holiday Inn one night in the 90s while visiting a client - God what a dump - Slough I mean
    I would have supposed an influx of Poles would have improved it, no?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Slavic Map | Simply Slavic Heritage Festival | Youngstown, Ohio

they all sound the same to me

Latvian & Romanian is popular as well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I don't know why don't you ask the eastern europeans who have flooded Slough. Britain's most reviled town and everyone round here speaks slavic languages.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X