• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seen to Sainsburys at Coventry"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Grocery stuff too. The big Sainsbury's near here is always running out of staples (basic groceries, not bent pieces of wire holding papers together). I've come to the conclusion that whoever specified their stock distribution system wrote "Just Run Out" when they meant "Just In Time".
    Cr*p manager.

Send an email to head office.

Though it takes about a year of people complaining before they remove them...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Hopefully part of your dev role is to fix the massive disconnect between their online ordering and local stock levels for non-grocery stuff.
    Grocery stuff too. The big Sainsbury's near here is always running out of staples (basic groceries, not bent pieces of wire holding papers together). I've come to the conclusion that whoever specified their stock distribution system wrote "Just Run Out" when they meant "Just In Time".

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    Hopefully part of your dev role is to fix the massive disconnect between their online ordering and local stock levels for non-grocery stuff.

Spent many an annoying hour after bagging a bargain on their site (Windows tablet for £32, after all discounts) only to have to chase all the local stores up for stock when it doesn't arrive on the delivery.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Have you asked your accountant?
    Can't ask them until they come off their shift on checkout number 5.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Have you asked your accountant?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Mine has a decent single malt selection and a pretty big bakery. HTH.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    What is "no flange"
    The inside part of a train wheel. It's what keeps it from derailing and allows it to go round corners.

Also a sexist, offensive and outdated term for ladies parts. And ladies too.

There are none of the above at Sainsburys in Coventry, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    What is "no flange"
    It's a nightmare, that's what it is. Makes me glum.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Their motto is "develop well for less", so it depends.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Nope. But I know a man who is PM-ing there. He reckons they're a bit boring, and there is no flange. If you're a dev that's probably perfect.
    What is "no flange"

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yes, yes, but what spec are the development PCs?
    Looks like you have to supply your own: Desktop PCs - Sainsbury’s

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Nope. But I know a man who is PM-ing there. He reckons they're a bit boring, and there is no flange. If you're a dev that's probably perfect.
    Yes, yes, but what spec are the development PCs?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jscs
    started a topic Seen to Sainsburys at Coventry

Seen to Sainsburys at Coventry

Hi All,
    Has anyone ever worked at Sainsburys in Coventry as developer?
    Looks like I'll get an offer and looking for some inside info on the atmosphere and people.
    Any help gratefully received.

Working...
X