• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why your taxes will rise sharply and your families standard of living will fall"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    What is the official EU policy on non-EU immigration? You know the real one, not the UKIP "open doors" fallacy (clearly we don't have open-door immigration otherwise illegal immigrants wouldn't exist)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Perhaps if we only allow doctors, nurses and builders to immigrate?
    You mean an Australian points based immigration policy? How will that work out when the EU strictly forbids such barriers to immigration?

So which political party do we need to vote for that isn't pro EU, and would implement the Australian system?

UKIP launches Immigration policy - UKIP

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    We need more nurses.
    We need more doctors.
    We need more builders.

We must increase immigration and fill these shortages.

Why?

Because our population is rising at an incredible rate.

Why?

Because of immigration.
    Perhaps if we only allow doctors, nurses and builders to immigrate?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    We need more nurses.
    We need more doctors.
    We need more builders.

We must increase immigration and fill these shortages.

Why?

Because our population is rising at an incredible rate.

Why?

Because of immigration.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They actually were for a long time....

Or don't you know about the saga of EU doctors not having their qualifications recognised?
    Excellent. A good reason to send them home.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Naturally the GMC is "institutionally racist"
    They actually were for a long time....

Or don't you know about the saga of EU doctors not having their qualifications recognised?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Naturally the GMC is "institutionally racist"

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Foreign doctors in the UK will face a more rigorous assessment, after figures showed a high proportion of doctors who are disciplined are from overseas.

In the last five years, 63% of doctors either struck off or suspended by the General Medical Council (GMC) were trained outside the UK.

Yet they make up only 36% of doctors on the medical register.
    wonder if that ratio has improved

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Why your taxes will rise sharply and your families standard of living will fall

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
    I don't blame immigrants. I blame successive governments immigration policy which has left us in the current situation with oversubscribed local services. There is a massive difference.
    I blame baby boomers who have voted for themselves and no one else.

They are why we are in this mess.

Boomer in chief:

General of Incompetence:

Food trough wiper:

Stupid bar stewards

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 21 March 2016, 15:56.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Farage v the facts: the truth about foreign doctors | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I'm saying that since the majority of articles the Daily Mail publishes are obviously and demonstrably utter twaddle, linking to a Daily Mail article is more likely to weaken your argument than strengthen it. Simple logic, but perhaps beyond the grasp of your average DM reader.
    Yes sir, you are right.

Read and contribute to 'General' instead.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Referencing the Daily Mail tends to weaken your argument - not strengthen it.
    as you wish, we will ask Coco.

NHS hires up to 3,000 foreign-trained doctors in a year to plug staff shortage | Society | The Guardian

Rosser blamed the shortages of doctors on two things. NHS central workforce planning, which is supposed to ensure the service has enough staff to meet future medical need, “has never worked and has been a shambles forever”, he said. And the tightening of visa rules under the coalition, which has made it harder for junior doctors from the Indian sub-continent to stay in Britain long enough to complete their training, has prompted some of the doctors who have traditionally made up a key part of the NHS workforce to go instead to places like Canada, where they are allowed to stay until they become senior doctors.
    NHS now 'dependent' on foreign doctors, with 3,000 more in last year - Telegraph

Dr David Rosser, medical director of University Hospitals Birmingham, one of England’s biggest trusts, said: “The NHS doesn’t have the number of doctors it needs. The shortage is real. We aren’t training enough doctors in this country, and so we are dependent on foreign-trained doctors. “

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Hands up who knows their NHS number? Hands up who thinks they could remember their NHS number whilst being wheeled into A&E with blood pouring out of an open wound?

It was interesting when I went to a private hospital last year the first thing the receptionist asked was how I was paying. It just seemed so completely alien when you've grown up in a country with free healthcare. I kind of agree with the point, but it's not really fair on doctors and nurses, or receptionists to be the ones to have to tell dying people they're not going to get any help.
    Trust me if the NHS Bills were being paid by Private health insurance companies as opposed to the govt, Every single hospital in the country would have a robust patient verification system in place. As I said before this is done in most developed countries it's really not rocket science, but as usual the lazy and incompetent NHS managers can't be asked.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Are you saying it didn't happen or you don't believe the Daily Mail on principle?
    I'm saying that since the majority of articles the Daily Mail publishes are obviously and demonstrably utter twaddle, linking to a Daily Mail article is more likely to weaken your argument than strengthen it. Simple logic, but perhaps beyond the grasp of your average DM reader.

Leave a comment:

• dogzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are the prat for blaming immigrants when the real reason you are waiting is no doctor wants to be a GP.
    I don't blame immigrants. I blame successive governments immigration policy which has left us in the current situation with oversubscribed local services. There is a massive difference.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X