• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Client bitching about hours- pisses me off!"

Collapse

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    OMG that's funny. He even replied to his own sockie. That's hardcore!!!

And there was me thinking he couldn't sink and lower lol.
    Split personality... and he's barely got enough for one most days

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    I had this guy question me when I left on time about why I didn't work late. I questioned him about his 5 smoking breaks he took daily.

End of Discussion

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    OMG that's funny. He even replied to his own sockie. That's hardcore!!!

And there was me thinking he couldn't sink and lower lol.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by mankyspanky View Post
    Jeez. This guy is unbelievable.....

Meeting request for 9am today. I declined. Sorry I'm not in until 10am and reminded him why.

(Basically, I sorted this at last contract renewal. About 2-3 days a months due to childcare, I come in at 10am or leave at 4pm. Let client know plans for the month in advance).

Answer well you really need to be here for this meeting! Yeh right so the worlds going to stop spinning because you want me at this meeting. I'll just leave my daughter at home alone and won't bother dropping her to childminder. People like this piss me off!
    The world doesn't owe you a living psychocandy.

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    LOL

Now I know what tulip means.
    It took me a while as well

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I don't care about the working hours. What is important it's the productivity and the quality, everything else is bulltulip.
    LOL

Now I know what tulip means.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    I don't care about the working hours. What is important it's the productivity and the quality, everything else is bulltulip.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Silly Question I know, But...... have you thought about having a word with them, perhaps something along the lines of.... "I have noticed there appears to be an issue around the hours I am working shall we sit down and have a chat about it before the issue gets out of hand" then you can find out what they really think and you can work an amicable agreement with them.

Also, what's this toil thing, I want paying for the days I work.
    Don't be so sensible and suggest grown up ways of dealing with conflict....

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Ideally yes. Contract is PWD (with 7.5 hours specified).

I dont feel the need to down tool on the dot but if I do significant extra work then I expect something. Also, in the past I've done a few hours remotely at the weekend - they are never going to pay a day for this.

Client agrees with this so far. Unofficial way of shifting hours from one day to another....
    Silly Question I know, But...... have you thought about having a word with them, perhaps something along the lines of.... "I have noticed there appears to be an issue around the hours I am working shall we sit down and have a chat about it before the issue gets out of hand" then you can find out what they really think and you can work an amicable agreement with them.

Also, what's this toil thing, I want paying for the days I work.

Leave a comment:

• mankyspanky
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Errm, Your Company should be billing them for the hours you do for your company. End of.
    Ideally yes. Contract is PWD (with 7.5 hours specified).

I dont feel the need to down tool on the dot but if I do significant extra work then I expect something. Also, in the past I've done a few hours remotely at the weekend - they are never going to pay a day for this.

Client agrees with this so far. Unofficial way of shifting hours from one day to another....

Leave a comment:

• borderreiver
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    So they are guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud too
    As PC would say, it's the beginning of a worrying trend ...

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Errm, Your Company should be billing them for the hours you do for your company. End of.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    With clients agreement of course.
    So they are guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud too

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    i think both were on last night.

The story lines are more believable than this thread.
    And more interesting.... and I hate soaps!!!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    i think both were on last night.

The story lines are more believable than this thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X