• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client bitching about hours- pisses me off!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez. This guy is unbelievable.....

Meeting request for 9am today. I declined. Sorry I'm not in until 10am and reminded him why.

(Basically, I sorted this at last contract renewal. About 2-3 days a months due to childcare, I come in at 10am or leave at 4pm. Let client know plans for the month in advance).

Answer well you really need to be here for this meeting! Yeh right so the worlds going to stop spinning because you want me at this meeting. I'll just leave my daughter at home alone and won't bother dropping her to childminder. People like this piss me off!

Comment

Weekend work is becoming an issue too. I've done a fair bit in evenings remotely and at weekends. In the past they've been ok and I've taken day off and billed.

So they want something done this weekend. No worries we'll just add it to TOIL I say.

Manager says its ok you came in late today so we'll call it quits....

Unbelievable. Contract says 7.5 hours a day. I rarely do less than 8 and they get this for free.

Anything I have to do remotely from home, or weekends goes as TOIL.... but looks like this cheeky git is canning this now!

Fair play to him for maximising contractor resources for free (or at least trying to!)

Comment

What time is Emmerdale on tonight?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mankyspanky View Post
          Weekend work is becoming an issue too. I've done a fair bit in evenings remotely and at weekends. In the past they've been ok and I've taken day off and billed.

So they want something done this weekend. No worries we'll just add it to TOIL I say.

Manager says its ok you came in late today so we'll call it quits....

Unbelievable. Contract says 7.5 hours a day. I rarely do less than 8 and they get this for free.

Anything I have to do remotely from home, or weekends goes as TOIL.... but looks like this cheeky git is canning this now!

Fair play to him for maximising contractor resources for free (or at least trying to!)
          No offense but it sounds like you have openly admitted to fraud (taken days off and billed) and are making a rod for your own back
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            No offense but it sounds like you have openly admitted to fraud (taken days off and billed) and are making a rod for your own back
            With clients agreement of course.

Comment

Or is it Eastenders tonight?

Comment

i think both were on last night.

The story lines are more believable than this thread.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  i think both were on last night.

The story lines are more believable than this thread.
                  And more interesting.... and I hate soaps!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mankyspanky View Post
                    With clients agreement of course.
                    So they are guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud too
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Errm, Your Company should be billing them for the hours you do for your company. End of.

Comment

Working...
                      X