• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any contractor in Midlands here ? NLUK ?"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    Begging is an offence in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    I'm cold and hungry right now.

Give us 10p for a cup of coffee?
    Here's 20p, get me one as well......

Leave a comment:

• OnceStonedRose
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Nothing, given that the person in question doesn't exist.

From TFA: "apparently… said to be… some information that one man was making between £300 to £500 a day…"

So the entire source for the story is somebody saying "This bloke I know told me that…". Perhaps they didn't bother printing the "down the pub" that usually follows such citations of sources.

Utter bollocks. But then again, it's the Daily Mail; the only surprising thing is that somebody thinks it's worth posting.
    Amen.....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    WTF does his accountant say?
    Nothing, given that the person in question doesn't exist.

From TFA: "apparently… said to be… some information that one man was making between £300 to £500 a day…"

So the entire source for the story is somebody saying "This bloke I know told me that…". Perhaps they didn't bother printing the "down the pub" that usually follows such citations of sources.

Utter bollocks. But then again, it's the Daily Mail; the only surprising thing is that somebody thinks it's worth posting.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
    If this is factual I'll smear a rubber fist with nasa strength deep heat and sit on it.

Absolute poppycock.
    Probably someone saw someone give him £20 once, and extrapolated he earns that every 15min all day every day.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Mars bars and Snickers where recalled at the end of last week....
    Good point.

FTFTFY

I will give you a Mars bar, laced with plastic, instead.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Mars bars and Snickers where recalled at the end of last week....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

I will give you a ten bag instead.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post

I will give you a Mars bar instead.

Leave a comment:

• OnceStonedRose
    replied
    I've absolutely no problems giving cash/food/drink to folks sat on their arse in a town centre. There before the grace of god or something like that.

I don't think it's a nice situation to be in where you are prepared to show everyone who passes by you, that you are absolutely on your arse.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    What does the taxman say?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Depends how he begs.

If he says he's hungry and he is, then he's not lying.

If he's says he's cold and hungry, and it's cold and he's hungry, he's not lying.
    Compared to Gideon saying "we've not got a pot to p*ss in", what's the difference?

Leave a comment:

• OnceStonedRose
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Which bit of he is NOT lying didn't you understand?
    If this is factual I'll smear a rubber fist with nasa strength deep heat and sit on it.

Absolute poppycock.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

He should become a politician then.
    Which bit of he is NOT lying didn't you understand?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X