• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shock of the day - HSBC"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    This was a while back (just before the Euro), I had an appartment in the centre. IIRC there was a large (relatively famous) department store on one of the main roads which had a Harrods like food hall in the basement, where you could get both types of Cheddar - English and Irish.
    Get it anywhere now from Lidl to your local cheese shop. I bought some nice Cheddar at the weekend for a Macaroni Cheese from Rewe...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Yep, lived there for 18 months. Is absolutely empty over the weekend. Just remind me again why we should prop-up these high paid risk takers again?
    When you look at the overall contribution that HSBC makes to the UK economy, you'll understand. Not that we're propping them up, more accommodating them so that they'll keep employing British people. HTHBIDI

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I'll defer my scoffing to post-brexit when zero jobs move to Paris
    As a Londoner I can safely say that French nationals working in the financial services industry are a group we can safely do without.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    This was a while back (just before the Euro), I had an appartment in the centre. IIRC there was a large (relatively famous) department store on one of the main roads which had a Harrods like food hall in the basement, where you could get both types of Cheddar - English and Irish.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Yep, lived there for 18 months. Is absolutely empty over the weekend. Just remind me again why we should prop-up these high paid risk takers again?
    That's weird, I've lived just south of Frankfurt for the last 26 years and that's not what I've found, maybe you just went to the wrong places, looking for other migrants

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Sure France, one may scoff but....

Paris - fastest growing banking sector

The fact is when London "sucks" eg after a Brexit vote Paris is the only real alternative in Europe, because the other cities apart from London are just too small.
    I've never been - but would Frankfurt be a viable alternative?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Sure France, one may scoff but....

Paris - fastest growing banking sector

The fact is when London "sucks" eg after a Brexit vote Paris is the only real alternative in Europe, because the other cities apart from London are just too small.
    I'll defer my scoffing to post-brexit when zero jobs move to Paris

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Bloke down that Project Fear office told me it would be at least a billion jobs. God's honest truth I swear.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    France got open borders with countries with lax gun controls.

Even if they insisted on passports it wouldn't work due to geography e.g. Pyrenees.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    How many French incidents in the last 2 years vs UK ones?
    France got open borders with countries with lax gun controls.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Like 7/7 then?
    How many French incidents in the last 2 years vs UK ones?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yeah, that's because China is now trying to get Hong Kong banks to help China support yuan... help with the money those banks have!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    In light of the pathetic inability of the Paris authorities to stop any number of random loons embarking on their deluded killing sprees I would be hesitant to relocate my corner sweet shop there never mind anything bigger!
    Like 7/7 then?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    In light of the pathetic inability of the Paris authorities to stop any number of random loons embarking on their deluded killing sprees I would be hesitant to relocate my corner sweet shop there never mind anything bigger!
    Careful, you can be sure they want to do exactly the same in London. Let's hope those who try to stop this tulip remain vigilant and lucky.

A handful of nutcases with guns could easily be on the loose here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X