• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shock of the day - HSBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Yep, lived there for 18 months. Is absolutely empty over the weekend. Just remind me again why we should prop-up these high paid risk takers again?
    That's weird, I've lived just south of Frankfurt for the last 26 years and that's not what I've found, maybe you just went to the wrong places, looking for other migrants
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This was a while back (just before the Euro), I had an appartment in the centre. IIRC there was a large (relatively famous) department store on one of the main roads which had a Harrods like food hall in the basement, where you could get both types of Cheddar - English and Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I'll defer my scoffing to post-brexit when zero jobs move to Paris
        As a Londoner I can safely say that French nationals working in the financial services industry are a group we can safely do without.

Comment

Yep, lived there for 18 months. Is absolutely empty over the weekend. Just remind me again why we should prop-up these high paid risk takers again?
          When you look at the overall contribution that HSBC makes to the UK economy, you'll understand. Not that we're propping them up, more accommodating them so that they'll keep employing British people. HTHBIDI
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

This was a while back (just before the Euro), I had an appartment in the centre. IIRC there was a large (relatively famous) department store on one of the main roads which had a Harrods like food hall in the basement, where you could get both types of Cheddar - English and Irish.
            Get it anywhere now from Lidl to your local cheese shop. I bought some nice Cheddar at the weekend for a Macaroni Cheese from Rewe...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X