• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "125 days forblowing a horn"

Collapse

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Didn't Lord Montague spend time for blowing a horn?
    No horn blowing involved. It was conspiracy to incite horn blowing.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Didn't Lord Montague spend time for blowing a horn?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Foley, of no fixed abode
    He was sent to a young offenders’ institution for 125 days.
    At least he has somewhere to live now

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    The number 125 has reverence among geeks of the rail, being that assigned to one of the greatest trains ever built:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterCity_125

I'm sure he'll regard his sentence as an honour for that reason

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    Look M8, I'm in the music game too & consider myself a bit of a player but, for a man who claims to have hung out with Lemmy & Charlie Harper, you sound incredibly like Harriet Harperson in trousers.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Breaking and entering is all part of the game if you're a keen train spotter. No-one gets a work permit to visit a depot, find a hole in the fence and then sneak round until the someone chases you off.

Everyone thinks train spotters just wear anoraks and stand on platforms but the reality is more like Ocean's Eleven, surveying depots and planning dastardly break ins so that you can "spot" rare trains.

The booty is a note book full of train numbers, and the sight of the keystone cops running over the yard as you slip through the fence.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Don't worry, the OP is a 'Perennial Truth Revisionist' from the 'Ministry of Newspeak'
    Look M8, I'm in the music game too & consider myself a bit of a player but, for a man who claims to have hung out with Lemmy & Charlie Harper, you sound incredibly like Harriet Harman in trousers.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I'm amused that you hid over the Christmas and New Year holidays. Did you remember that I banned your alter ego gricer at the same time last year?
    No but not much point being on here when my true alter ego is on a 1 month ban.
    Last edited by Martin Scroatman; 5 January 2016, 21:44.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    He wasn't jailed for blowing a horn, you idiot. It says right there in the story that he was found guilty of theft, obstruction, and travelling without a ticket.
    Don't worry, the OP is a 'Perennial Truth Revisionist' from the 'Ministry of Newspeak'

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I'm amused that you hid over the Christmas and New Year holidays. Did you remember that I banned your alter ego gricer at the same time last year?

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    He wasn't jailed for blowing a horn, you idiot. It says right there in the story that he was found guilty of theft, obstruction, and travelling without a ticket.
    He nicked a mars bar.

Still harsh so shuddup.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    Seems abit Harsh? Mug an old lady and yiu eget a suspended sentence, blow a horn & its 125 days of gorrillas in the mist.

What a topsy turvy worls we live in.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    started a topic 125 days forblowing a horn

125 days forblowing a horn

AN EXTREME trainspotter has been locked away for New Year after giving himself a festive treat – by sneaking into a driver’s cab to sound a highspeed locomotive’s horn.

By*CHRIS RICHESPUBLISHED:*20:16, Wed, Dec 30, 2015*| UPDATED:*20:30, Wed, Dec 30, 2015PAA high-speed Virgin train like the one Foley hid aboard so he could blow its hornGeorge Foley, 20, climbed into the empty rear driver’s cab of an Edinburgh to Crewe Virgin train on Sunday evening, then locked the door and refused to come out.He sounded the horn several times as the train approached Carlisle station before giving himself up to British Transport Police. Arresting him held up the train for a short time.But he caused delays of more than an hour to all other southbound West Coast mainline services.Thousands of passengers were affected as they travelled from Scotland to Cheshire.At Carlisle magistrates court on Tuesday, Foley, of no fixed abode, admitted five charges including obstructing an engine or carriage, theft of drinks and confectionery from a train fridge and travelling with no ticket.GETTYAfter locking himself in the driver's cabim Foley gave himself up to British Transport PoliceHe was sent to a young offenders’ institution for 125 days. He apologised for his actions.But magistrate Peter Pickthall said the offences were so serious, “only a custodial sentence can be imposed”.

Foley is thought to be a “train basher”, an obsessed rail enthusiast who ignores safety rules to hide inside driver’s cabs on trains.

Seems abit Harsh? Mug an old lady and yiu eget a suspended sentence, blow a horn & its 125 days of gorrillas in the mist.

What a topsy turvy worls we live in.

Working...
X