• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Sun caught out lying, again...never"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    They've now published a "clarification". It clarifies the fact that the piece was completely untrue

Clarification

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And now it turns out that the train he claimed he travelled on out of Croatia wasn't running that day - there was a replacement bus service, which would have made him miss his connection at Salzburg

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    You'd think they could employ somebody who checks the stuff freelancers write, to make sure it's accurate and should be in the paper. They could call them "the editor" or some such title
    In the Wail when they make up stories it's just "Daily Mail Reporter".

And no the editor knows nothing especially if there surname is Brookes.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The Sun does actually do corrections and apologies but in other newspapers: http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...on--ZkIij0Ik9g

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    We know that the Sun, along with many other media outlets of all persuasions, tend to lie
    FTFY

Corrections and clarifications | News | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    We know that the Sun, along with many other right wing media outlets, tend to occasionally constantly lie
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    The bloke who wrote it was a freelancer though. Definitely not an employee. He isn't even invited on the christmas do, so that proves it.
    You'd think they could employ somebody who checks the stuff freelancers write, to make sure it's accurate and should be in the paper. They could call them "the editor" or some such title

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Bring back page 3

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I used to work with a chap who got the Sun every day. He explained "It's just a comic to read over lunch, and it's handy for the TV schedule. I find out what's really happening from the TV news."
    Understood. And how many Sun "readers" are that clever?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I never knew the sun had any true stories.

I once shared a regular train commute with a sun reader. I asked him why he read that drivel. "It is best for sports news" he said.

Maybe newspapers should be banned from combining proper news and sports news?
    Used to date the Daughter of one of the Sun's Racing Pundits. Champion bloke.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    You get more facts from Viz.

qh

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I used to work with a chap who got the Sun every day. He explained "It's just a comic to read over lunch, and it's handy for the TV schedule. I find out what's really happening from the TV news."
    I know a Liverpool fan who buys it on a Saturday for the weekly TV guide. The look the other Liverpool fan gave him was priceless.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I once shared a regular train commute with a sun reader. I asked him why he read that drivel. "It is best for sports news" he said.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    The bloke who wrote it was a freelancer though. Definitely not an employee. He isn't even invited on the christmas do, so that proves it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X