• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK now like Switzerland - full of little hitlers"

Collapse

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Between consenting adults that is fine(AP and Xeno?)

To be used for criminal cases - fine.

For motoring offences though?
    If he's gone to jail then it is a criminal case. No different really to using them to support a civil case against someone, for example if the car reversed into you and you had it on the dash cam to support a damages claim.

If it was being used to send to a snitch website for points-only offences (parking infractions, crossing a solid line, etc) then it becomes a bit Big Brother-ish. Presumably the police only take cases where there is a massive public interest in getting the driver off the road for a while and retrained?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Are you referring specifically to people videoing each other?
    Between consenting adults that is fine(AP and Xeno?)

To be used for criminal cases - fine.

For motoring offences though?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    In this case it does not seem too bad. But its a slippery slope.
    Are you referring specifically to people videoing each other?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    In this case it does not seem too bad. But its a slippery slope.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    even if its a first offence the driving was so bad I'm glad he is off the road.
    Indeed. Would it have been better if he'd killed that van driver in a head on crash before being prosecuted?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    For all we know the twat in question may have had a string of convictions for similar offences, and perhaps was driving without insurance.
    even if its a first offence the driving was so bad I'm glad he is off the road.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Video: Dash cam footage of dangerous overtaking lands driver in jail in UK first - Telegraph

If he was charged with something criminal then fine.

But dangerous driving? On footage posted by a member of the public?

Maybe I should just ignore the personal liberty concerns and get a head cam for my bike. I nearly get run over, by a dangerous driver, at least once a day. If every cyclist did this the courts would be forever busy.....
    For all we know the twat in question may have had a string of convictions for similar offences, and perhaps was driving without insurance.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What is there to complain about here? A member of the public reports someone for breaking the law, the police look into it and they are charged and found guilty.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    They've out-sourced traffic police's duties to the public.
    They have. Places round here have had volunteers, mainly silly farts, standing on roads with speed meters.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    At 24, he's hardly a "boy racer".

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    I nearly get run over, by a dangerous driver, at least once a day. If every cyclist did this the courts would be forever busy.....
    The same driver?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    They've out-sourced traffic police's duties to the public.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic UK now like Switzerland - full of little hitlers

UK now like Switzerland - full of little hitlers

Video: Dash cam footage of dangerous overtaking lands driver in jail in UK first - Telegraph

If he was charged with something criminal then fine.

But dangerous driving? On footage posted by a member of the public?

Maybe I should just ignore the personal liberty concerns and get a head cam for my bike. I nearly get run over, by a dangerous driver, at least once a day. If every cyclist did this the courts would be forever busy.....

Working...
X