• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Italian coffee

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Italian coffee"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
    Bunch of snobs.

Just get a big tub of Nescafé and go wild.

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied
    Bunch of snobs.

Just get a big tub of Nescafé and go wild.

Leave a comment:

• Bluespider
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    When all doors are closed, what do you do you Spidey?!
    I roast my own...

I'm in the early stages of my plan B

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    The stove pots are excellent - but I'm not sure about the aluminium ones...
    Moka pots have always been aluminium. It's rare to find one that isn't, which is a pain as I have an Induction hob at home

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Nothing wrong with a big mug of coffee.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Syria?

No...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDQ1ljlnSjU

(safe for work, Wibble)

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Syria?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    When abroad, I had learn that I can't ordered just a coffee
    Syria?

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Cafetiere coffee and espresso based coffee are fundamentally quite different things.

At home you could get a fancy machine or you could just buy a little stove-top espresso pot, I think they're very sweet.

At work, you could get a small pod-based machine (Nespresso or whatever brand you like) I imagine. I doubt it's going to convince the true coffee snobs but as a compromise in cost and convenience I think it could be worth a shot(!)
    When abroad, I had learn that I can't ordered just a coffee, I have to ordered an expresso, otherwise I get a huge cup of terrible coffee.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    The stove pots are excellent - but I'm not sure about the aluminium ones...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    I've tried a few things including getting Nero beans and using them in my coffee machine but just can't match shop bought flavour, was thinking the cardboard cup might be the mixing link so going to try that, either way I can't keep spending what I do of coffee though to be fare its my only really vice / treat.
    Cafetiere coffee and espresso based coffee are fundamentally quite different things.

At home you could get a fancy machine or you could just buy a little stove-top espresso pot, I think they're very sweet.

At work, you could get a small pod-based machine (Nespresso or whatever brand you like) I imagine. I doubt it's going to convince the true coffee snobs but as a compromise in cost and convenience I think it could be worth a shot(!)

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I'd recommend: https://www.coffeereal.co.uk/

There's also a new micro-roaster beside the Butcher's Hall in Forest Green (can't remember their name). Haven't tried their coffee yet, but it looks like a good place.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Wonder what the feckers put in their coffee that makes it so strong

I had a double espresso yesterday afternoon at 5 PM and that kept me awake until 3 AM this morning
    Cat piss.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Italian's use decent beans, which are not over-roasted, freshly ground, and then the coffee is made with love. Not over-scorched and rushed. Some of the independents off Tottenham Court Road make a fine cup. [emoji39]

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I recommend these guys, a similar service

Leave a comment:

Working...
X