• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "sas was right all along"

Collapse

• unixman
    replied

If you "computer people" were worth your day rates, you could tell me what the tape says.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Internal angle of a docdecadon is 150°, so the angle in the picture is (180-150)*2 = 60°.
    That was also my method / reasoning

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Was the next question about the angle between two obliquely-installed toilets?

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    My maths is rubbish from lack of use. And i though that was dead easy. No triangles needed

if the coin comes a full circle, thats 360 degrees. It has 12 equal angles to make up that full circle, so 360 / 12 = 30. Then times by 2 because there was the other coin opposite.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I worked it out at 2.4 degrees

but that's just my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Who?

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Reminds me of Smp maths circa 1980. Easy for adults under non exam conditions.

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    My wife pronounces bacon "Bay con", not "Bay cen" like normal people.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Correct way:
    50 Cent is a rapper. Some people think rap should begin with C.
    Everyone is 6 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.
    mmm bacon.
    Most people can only eat 8 slices of bacon at breakfast, but not 50 Cent. He can eat 10.
    10 slices of bacon each one separated by 6 degrees = 60 degrees.
    Point of Order. 50 Cent has only 2 degrees of separation according to the Oracle of Bacon

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    An alternative then:

Add up the letter values in bacon on an a=1, b=2 basis and then subtract the number of letters in the word. Multiply by the letter value of the first letter.
    Last edited by LondonManc; 3 November 2015, 15:17.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Internal angle of a docdecadon is 150°, so the angle in the picture is (180-150)*2 = 60°.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    That would be great but you'd actually get 54 degrees.

That's only if you measure the angle between them.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
    Seems overly complicated. There's a better solution.

The question is multiple choice and includes a picture. If I look at the picture I can see that the angle is greater than 45, but less than 90 degrees. It looks like it's about 60 degrees, and that is an option.

Your answer doesn't involve bacon.

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Um, if they can't solve that, they shouldn't be doing maths.

Old school way:
    360deg/12 sides = 30 degrees per side, so the side is 30 degrees off vertical. as is the one opposite. That gives you 60 degrees.

Alternate way:
    At horizontal the coins are 180deg apart, at vertical they are zero. there are 3 sides between horizontal and vertical. 180/3 = 60

Correct way:
    50 Cent is a rapper. Some people think rap should begin with C.
    Everyone is 6 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.
    mmm bacon.
    Most people can only eat 8 slices of bacon at breakfast, but not 50 Cent. He can eat 10.
    10 slices of bacon each one separated by 6 degrees = 60 degrees.
    Seems overly complicated. There's a better solution.

The question is multiple choice and includes a picture. If I look at the picture I can see that the angle is greater than 45, but less than 90 degrees. It looks like it's about 60 degrees, and that is an option.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    50 cent of people have below average maths ability.

Not me though. I got it right. Though I was confused by the picture having A. 12 degrees at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X