• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Vet bill does it really cost them that much ?"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    BBC Radio 4 - That Mitchell and Webb Sound, Series 5, Episode 3, A-List Vet

worth a listen

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Been reading the detailed bill nearly a page long, it even lists "methadone" on it didn't know they give that to animals
    So, the cat was completely caned when you picked it up then?

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Tried that stuff left it a week or so may be I didn't leave it long enough.

Been reading the detailed bill nearly a page long, it even lists "methadone" on it didn't know they give that to animals, also lists "hot dog warming device" wtf ? The endoscopy is billed at nearly £155 per 15min the cat had 5 x 15mins, anaesthetic billed 3 ways management fee, maintenance and extra maintence per 15mins again she also had to have a catheter during the op. Overall bill looks high but it does look like it was very involved to get the grass blade out and it was a referral only vets.

I need to get the cat a new identity now and look for a new insurance policy lol
    Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 3 November 2015, 21:33.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    GF's cat
    If you can't do it for the cat, do it for your girlfriend...

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You can get special cleaner that will remove cat pee, and discourage them from doing it again. Actually I think the issue is they do it again because they can smell it and think "this is where I pee" even if you can't smell it, so the special cleanser is great.
    That works, and get the cat UV light sprays to see where the cat has peed in a room to know exactly where to clean it

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You can get special cleaner that will remove cat pee, and discourage them from doing it again. Actually I think the issue is they do it again because they can smell it and think "this is where I pee" even if you can't smell it, so the special cleanser is great.

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I don't have that issue. I'm assuming our dog will peg it at roughly 12. At the moment he's about half way there. After that we're going to revert back to a pet free house - meaning no dog smells, no dog hair and no dog eggs hidden in the garden.
    When I first met my gf she had 1 cat and it went missing and never came back (nothing to do with me), I thought 'result' as I never wanted a pet for the reasons you mentioned, a few weeks after the cat had gone I went round her place to find she had got 2 new cats and one had a tendency to pee in the house (cat pee stinks and you cant shift it). In the end they moved into my old place no cat pee incidents but quite a few cat puke ones I become a pro a cat puke removal from carpet. Fast forward 5 years and now in a different place and the pissy cat decides a few weeks ago the dinning room is her new p*ssing place .... only realised when the smell appeared, ripped the whole carpet up in the room in the end but no use it had soaked into the concrete floor below and I can't shift it. I won't be having cats or a dog ever again, should do what the Irish do and keep pets always outside.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    and no dog eggs hidden in the garden.
    What are the youngsters going to search for then, over the Easter period

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    people should stop anthropomorphising animals and just accept the fact that they can die in stead of paying the most ridiculous vet bills, worth more than most people receive on health care per year
    I don't have that issue. I'm assuming our dog will peg it at roughly 12. At the moment he's about half way there. After that we're going to revert back to a pet free house - meaning no dog smells, no dog hair and no dog eggs hidden in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Tweezers?
    I'd have thought a pipecleaner would have done the trick.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FTFY
    Tweezers?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    First mistake
    Yep. My wife (of 20 years this year BTW) can not be trusted with anything important. Very good liklihood that she will screw it up.

I've left her to sort out days with childminder last month. She screwed it up and we've ended up paying for days she incorrectly booked.

Her best ever was when she had to visit DVLA in Cardiff to sort out personalised plate or something. Needed my driving licence. My last words - we're going on holidays in a week DO NOT LOSE my driving licence. You can guess. One job to do.

(Luckily, she left it on desk and they posted to us).

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

apparently the piece of equipment that was needed to remove it the, lying barstewards, told us only a handful of vets have

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    £600 just to say he couldn't do it? Bring it around to me next time, I'll only charge £500 to say I can't do it, will save you a bit of dosh.
    That's what they charged to have a go at removing it so include anesthetic £300 ish and £250 to try and remove and £50 for drugs after.

Yeah agreed, probably should of had the cat put to sleep tbh, this will be the last time we get her treated though and if it does happen she will be put to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    We had already incurred £600 in fees with the first vet who couldn't remove it...
    £600 just to say he couldn't do it? Bring it around to me next time, I'll only charge £500 to say I can't do it, will save you a bit of dosh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X