• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A Question Of Etiquette"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I had this , er, friend who got a back scrubber to clean his bum in the shower. No problem until me missus, I mean HIS missus, started to use it as well. Now he spends an extra ten minutes every morning cleaning Klingons off a stiff brush.
    Just hope she never borrers his toothbrush

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    the front and make little pleats like every decent hotel I have stayed in.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    What do you dry your bum with?
    A rag. Clean one every time, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    Dunno.

Since I worked in Saudi I've adopted the ME method - a hose with a showerhead basically.

Far more hygienic.
    What do you dry your bum with?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    When you are one handed wiping a toddler's arse, it is easier if it hangs from the back, as you can press your leg on it to rip the next piece off.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    put the end in the bog and pull the chain.

Report back on what happened next

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Dunno.

Since I worked in Saudi I've adopted the ME method - a hose with a showerhead basically.

Far more hygienic.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    If you hang to the back there is a risk that the paper will stick to the wall, which is contaminated. Therefore, unless you have a cat (or child) that likes to pull the paper from the roll, always hang to the front.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I hang my loose end to the left, personally .

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Debate of whether toilet paper should go over or under settled by patent from 1891 | Daily Mail Online

Note it is in the femail section.

Debretts don't seem to have anything to say on this....

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    Just let the missus replace it and shut the flick up.
    Front

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Just let the missus replace it and shut the flick up.

Leave a comment:

• SurfQueen
    replied
    Dunno about etiquette but personally, I think it looks better hanging at the front and it rolls better!!

(and I'm from the North - well, originally - a long long time ago )

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Debated this for years.

Fitted these. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    started a topic A Question Of Etiquette

A Question Of Etiquette

This is important so please pay attention...

When you replace an empty toilet roll on the holder, do you have the loose end hanging to the front or the back of the roll?

My mother always taught me that it should hang to the front. My wife, who is from the north, and therefore knows nothing of these things, hangs it to the back.

Working...
X