• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's like a Vicky Pollard sketch"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran
    Make benefits dependant on naming the father, bill him for the benefits ala CSA

You're assuming she knows which one of the hoody wearing chavs it was.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras
    Nothing changes. When I left the parental abode 19 years ago the advice I got from the council was 'Get a girl pregnant and we will move you to the top of the waiting list'
    Surprised the council didn't offer a dating+accomodation service with free pre-natal advice.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 4 October 2006, 13:31.

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran
    Send the cost for the cider cans to their family. Possibly a little extreme.

Tazman has a point in a way. Make benefits dependant on naming the father, bill him for the benefits ala CSA - obviously using private bailiffs, AIUI the CSA couldn't find any part of their anatomy with a torch & map.

Make sure the parents & father are responsible for any costs up till the girls 18th birthday, after that offer the girls a room in a workhouse inspired hostel and continue billing the father.

We shouldn't reward inconsiderate breeding that expects everyone else to fund them. I know of 3 that are entirely funded by the state in my wife's circle of friends , when they want to move up the housing list they just create another sprog. Sometimes they even use the same sperm donor.

My little brother has a two bedroom flat that he rents out in a reasonable area of London, the local authority have rented it for a succession of young mothers on the social, however once they pop another sprog they have to upgraded to a house, happened twice so far.

Compare that to the couple with 2 jobs each, he is a baggage handler by day and a doorman at night, she does cleaning & childcare. They were living with 4 children (she is catholic) and a lodger (who for various very sad reasons isn't paying rent) struggling to afford a 3 bed semi.

After all its only fair.
    Nothing changes. When I left the parental abode 19 years ago the advice I got from the council was 'Get a girl pregnant and we will move you to the top of the waiting list'

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Don't forget

Send the cost for the cider cans to their family. Possibly a little extreme.

Tazman has a point in a way. Make benefits dependant on naming the father, bill him for the benefits ala CSA - obviously using private bailiffs, AIUI the CSA couldn't find any part of their anatomy with a torch & map.

Make sure the parents & father are responsible for any costs up till the girls 18th birthday, after that offer the girls a room in a workhouse inspired hostel and continue billing the father.

We shouldn't reward inconsiderate breeding that expects everyone else to fund them. I know of 3 that are entirely funded by the state in my wife's circle of friends , when they want to move up the housing list they just create another sprog. Sometimes they even use the same sperm donor.

My little brother has a two bedroom flat that he rents out in a reasonable area of London, the local authority have rented it for a succession of young mothers on the social, however once they pop another sprog they have to upgraded to a house, happened twice so far.

Compare that to the couple with 2 jobs each, he is a baggage handler by day and a doorman at night, she does cleaning & childcare. They were living with 4 children (she is catholic) and a lodger (who for various very sad reasons isn't paying rent) struggling to afford a 3 bed semi.

After all its only fair.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    isn't it, but only if your parents have sold you to a (self-moderated)ing follower of the (self-moderated) of (self-moderated).
    You are insulting my (self-moderated) brothers. Death to infidels!

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    No, it's 9

isn't it, but only if your parents have sold you to a (self-moderated)ing follower of the (self-moderated) of (self-moderated).

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN
    The Gov should stop all benefit payments to girls who have babies under the age of 16/17. As it stands these girls are breaking the law by having underage sex anyway, and then the Gov goes and rewards them with benefits!!
    wasn't there something about the age of consent being 14 if you got your parents permission, or was that for marriage (I vaugley remember it being talked about when i was at school and the general consensus was yeah right like you'd ever ask your parents).

Of course this being dragged up from when i was in school means there is a good chance it is complete and utter tosh, the amount of lies that went around the school yard that we thought were true...

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    You're quite right

in fact they should be forced to have their babies in bus-shelters, with no pain relief (well, alright a couple of cans of cider then) and should then be forced to eat their newborn children, and the placenta. Raw.
    They should also be sterilised using an empty cider can.
    And then sent to the ovens.
    Mwahahaha.
    Last edited by Dundeegeorge; 4 October 2006, 12:27.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    The Gov should stop all benefit payments to girls who have babies under the age of 16/17. As it stands these girls are breaking the law by having underage sex anyway, and then the Gov goes and rewards them with benefits!!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    Lemme see, a government minister make an unsubstantiated claim in a minor speech, so you believe it.

Is that every time, or only if you like the story?
    Of course it's only when I like the story.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    From the BBC today

FFS! How stupid are these people.
    Lemme see, a government minister make an unsubstantiated claim in a minor speech, so you believe it.

Is that every time, or only if you like the story?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    tut tut shocking

I'm ging to tell Jamie about you. White bread indeed. Unhealthy and racist!

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    From the BBC today

Tell the Kidz another healthy option, eat a few rounds of vaseline on white bread just prior to birth. Might just work

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    If that's not a damning indictment of what NewLie have done to education, I don't know what is...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic It's like a Vicky Pollard sketch

It's like a Vicky Pollard sketch

Pregnant teenagers smoke to try to reduce the size of their babies, and make delivery less painful, a government minister has claimed.
    From the BBC today

Working...
X