• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Vendor died after exchange of contract ....."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    To say it was a nightmare was an understatement...
    I won't be moving again after this, it wasnt the end of the world but an experience I don't want again, girlfriend in tears, junior not know what the hell going on, me feeling like sh*t and I have let them down.
    That just sounds like moving house in general.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    That brings back memories. Seriously.
    I didn't know that you'd been married to Karen Carpenter

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Now all you have to worry about is the lost ghostly wraith standing at the end of your bed during the night
    That brings back memories. Seriously.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yeah was out of my control, logically I should not have felt I had let them down but I did .... I learnt alot about probate in a very short period of time
    Well, all well that ends well.

Now all you have to worry about is the lost ghostly wraith standing at the end of your bed during the night staring at you & the wife, while your son is imprisoned in the TV with a dead Indian brave.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    In the end they got emergency probate but I did end up with my stuff in storage in a hotel for 9 days completed on Wednesday this week. To say it was a nightmare was an understatement more so because we had no idea when the emergency probate would be granted, everyday for the 9 we were being told today, then it didnt happen.

I won't be moving again after this, it wasnt the end of the world but an experience I don't want again, girlfriend in tears, junior not know what the hell going on, me feeling like sh*t and I have let them down.
    It wasn't your fault. In fact, you're the one who's pulled it back together in the face of a calamity that couldn't have been anticipated. You should give yourself a pat on the back

And congratulations on your new home

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Excellent all sorted now anyway. I can always empathise with a bloke who likes big butts.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Well you're in now - crack open the bubbly and enjoy your new house!

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Yeah was out of my control, logically I should not have felt I had let them down but I did .... I learnt alot about probate in a very short period of time

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It was out of your control so how could you let them down?
    He killed the vendor.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    In the end they got emergency probate but I did end up with my stuff in storage in a hotel for 9 days completed on Wednesday this week. To say it was a nightmare was an understatement more so because we had no idea when the emergency probate would be granted, everyday for the 9 we were being told today, then it didnt happen.

Glad its sorted, as SueEllen said you did nothing wrong.

lets hope the house is everything you want.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    It was out of your control so how could you let them down?

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Can't you get some civil servant ATOS involved and have them deemed to be alive for the purposes of the house sale
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Can't you get some civil servant involved and have them deemed to be alive for the purposes of the house sale

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    I'm going to proceed with the sale, emergency probate has been applied for and Im being told it should be granted today. The place is empty apperently some liciense can be issued to allow me to temp live there till completion. Ive lost complete confidence in my solicitors now though as Ive now seen the email the seller sent mine and its dated 2 Mondays ago, so my solicitor knew but either didnt pick it up or just didnt tell me I suspect its the first. My own solicitor not even calling me back considering I could be potentially homeless tomorrow they just dont care.

Ive got a plan B sorted storage and local premier in at 65 a night, though it appears all my seller has to pay is interest on my deposit for the period of the delay which comes in at 85 a day and this isnt a cheap property.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X