• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where are all the immigrants?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    By my inference is you should look at the OP where it is suggested that towns with Labour MPs have more foreigners alluding to a left wing conspiracy to overrun the indigenous population but that's to be expected by righties where everything that doesn't conform to their narrow bigoted mindset is a left wing conspiracy
    yeah

Labour 'sent out search parties for immigrants', Lord Mandelson admits - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Do the immigrants choose to live in the crappiest places, or do they become the crappiest places do you think?
    If it's the latter, that doesn't imply it's because their foreigners... that kind of rapid population growth is a strain.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Do the immigrants choose to live in the crappiest places, or do they become the crappiest places do you think?
    Around here it was crap for a while but things a really becoming quite positive. Lots of new restaurants and businesses moving it. Some tidying to do and got to get parking sorted..as there is now. The area just wasn't designed for each house to have three cars.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Apart from genuine asylum seekers, why would any other immigrants need to be "settled" anywhere? Surely we would only be accepting immigrants that can support themselves, and therefore they choose where to live?
    Well, fake asylum seekers may also get settled somewhere while their status is sorted out.

But fair enough - I was harking back to the times before you could get a plumber, when the great immigration crisis was asylum seekers.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Neither. I think they are settled in the crappiest places.
    Apart from genuine asylum seekers, why would any other immigrants need to be "settled" anywhere? Surely we would only be accepting immigrants that can support themselves, and therefore they choose where to live?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I presume you have been to Boston to see for yourself?
    Yep, its full of Irish immigrants

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Oh, **** me:

Anyone with an agenda can write anti-immigration crap
    I presume you have been to Boston to see for yourself?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Neither. I think they are settled in the crappiest places.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    I wonder what the big swathe of red is in the Bristol Channel - Vietnamese boat people queuing up to get into Avonmouth?

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Because I never said it was bigoted
    Fair enough but why is it crap when it appears to be largely true?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    I did say I can't be bothered to look :P but it would be a reasonable anomaly (if it is) where Boston = close proximity to East Anglia and it's farming gangs.

You didn't answer the important question though, Why is it bigoted to confirm that Labour's immigration for votes policies worked?
    Because I never said it was bigoted

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

What does my first post show? Boston....
    I did say I can't be bothered to look :P but it would be a reasonable anomaly (if it is) where Boston = close proximity to East Anglia and it's farming gangs.

You didn't answer the important question though, Why is it bigoted to confirm that Labour's immigration for votes policies worked?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    I can't be bothered to look but can you find a tory or lib dem constituency with the same demographics?

Why is it bigoted to investigate or even confirm that Labour's immigration for votes policies actually worked? And before you answer, remember that Labour admitted their policies recently, even after denying them for years.
    What does my first post show? Boston....

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

By my inference is you should look at the OP where it is suggested that towns with Labour MPs have more foreigners alluding to a left wing conspiracy to overrun the indigenous population but that's to be expected by righties where everything that doesn't conform to their narrow bigoted mindset is a left wing conspiracy
    I can't be bothered to look but can you find a tory or lib dem constituency with the same demographics?

Why is it bigoted to investigate or even confirm that Labour's immigration for votes policies actually worked? And before you answer, remember that Labour admitted their policies recently, even after denying them for years.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    So by inference, can I assume that you think it's fine to become a minority in your own town?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X