• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rehabilitation of Offenders"

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WTF people think footballers are role models???

Greedy, disloyal, cheating (game and wifes) bunch.
    The word you are looking for is Chav / Chavette.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think it's because they don't want him to be a celebrity/role model/in the public eye etc.
    WTF people think footballers are role models???

Greedy, disloyal, cheating (game and wifes) bunch.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Anybody from the mob objects for him to work as a gladiator or not?

Leave a comment:

• sartois
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think it's because they don't want him to be a celebrity/role model/in the public eye etc.
    If it wasn't for the Daily Wail and the lynch mob, he would have already drifted back into 1st division footballing mediocrity... I can't name a single Oldham player, and I doubt very much that any of the lynch mob that don't want him to play for them could either. But because of the mob continuing to keep him in the public eye he is now one of the most famous footballers in the UK...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post
    Mmmm interesting take on my sentence.

I was stating that people who are screaming and shouting about him not returning to football . Is it because they don't want him to be a footballer or don't want him to have any job at all!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Oh, I thought you were saying that yourself. Oh well, if you weren't others were.

Leave a comment:

• turbowoowoo
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That sounds rather like people being scared of being alone with a gay man because "he might want to bum me". Do you think he's going to jump over the till and start raping your mum on the conveyor belt in front of hundreds of witnesses?
    Mmmm interesting take on my sentence.

I was stating that people who are screaming and shouting about him not returning to football . Is it because they don't want him to be a footballer or don't want him to have any job at all!!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Should he be allowed to bleed gladiators? That's the real question here.
    only octagenarian ones on conveyor belts.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Should he be allowed to bleed gladiators? That's the real question here.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    On a conveyor belt? He'd have to be quick and finish before they got to the end.
    You need to combine thrusting with a special crawling motion.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Boy it would be interesting to see what a lot of the most vocal female (and male I guess) protesters say if his conviction were to be overturned. It's gonna be a bloody strong person to stand up an say you take it all back and have no problems with him and wish him well in his career

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That sounds rather like people being scared of being alone with a gay man because "he might want to bum me". Do you think he's going to jump over the till and start raping your mum on the conveyor belt in front of hundreds of witnesses?
    On a conveyor belt? He'd have to be quick and finish before they got to the end.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post
    Would you also be happy that this convicted rapist served you or the female members of your family in Tesco? or at the forecourt garage? Or collected your bins on a dark Friday morning from your house?

come on...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    My personal experience with the legal system and profession leads me to doubt they could find their rear end with a lit firework poking out of it. That is if they could take time off from invoicing their grandmother.

He is unable to say sorry for committing a crime if he is pleading innocence. He may not want to if he believes himself innocent. He & his friend testified he had consent.

The reason he wasn't granted an appeal because there is no new evidence, there is no mechanism for retrying a case because they got it wrong.

Miscarriage of justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now is he an immoral scumbag almost certainly yes. Would I warn my daughters about people like him - definitely. Do I want to see him locked up for an offence I'm not certain he committed - no.

Do I want to prevent him working when he is legally allowed to because I think I know better? - no

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's about which ex-con is likely to do the same thing again.
    Is it really?

So this guy is more likely to rape it again if he does NOT get a football job that pays well, instead he'd be more likely to be a law abiding citizen who stays all his life on unemployment benefits?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X