• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Super Rich & Us."

Collapse

• JRCT
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Let's move to Jamaica - it has the lowest tax rates in the world.
    "My wealthy mother was the largest tax payer in the West Indies"

"Jamaica?"

"No. She paid of her own accord!"

Classic tax joke.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    There are 3 million people whose annual declared income is more than mine, but 150 million own more than me. Must work harder, and spend less.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    There are 3 million people whose annual income is more than mine, but 150 million own more than me. Must work harder, and spend less.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    If you want to see where you fit on that worldwide scale, put your annual take-home money (inc expenses!) into here:

Global Rich List

Still feeling modest?
    0.6% in world. Pah rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Super Roaches? What's wrong with the rolled up bit torn off the Rizla packet?
    The Super Roach Master F will be here soon to explain ...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, that would be Super Roaches and Us thread...
    Super Roaches? What's wrong with the rolled up bit torn off the Rizla packet?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I thought this thread was about MF.
    No, that would be Super Roaches and Us thread...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I thought this thread was about MF.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    This time next year...

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And just to make things clear, 80 of this lot own as much as the remaining 7 billion on this rock.

So don't run away with the idea that any of us are anything even close to this sort of wealth.
    If you want to see where you fit on that worldwide scale, put your annual take-home money (inc expenses!) into here:

Global Rich List

Still feeling modest?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Let's move to Jamaica - it has the lowest tax rates in the world.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And just to make things clear, 80 of this lot own as much as the remaining 7 billion on this rock.

So don't run away with the idea that any of us are anything even close to this sort of wealth.
    Not true, that was a trailer on the PM programme. The chap from the R4 statistics programme 'More or Less' came onto PM to tell Eddie Mair off. I think that statistic should have been the 85 richest own as much as the poorest half of the world.

Still a shocking statistic though.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What is your profession then?
    Bl**dy IT

I saw an advert for a tax inspector before doing my degree. I mentioned it to some family and friends' and their response was "Don't be so bl**dy stupid."

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I knew I should have become a tax inspector!
    What is your profession then?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I knew I should have become a tax inspector!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X