• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Treating candidates like s%!t"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    CV Advice taken

Pared down from 8 pages to 3.
    Produced different versions, one for Business analysis, one for BPM/Development.

All on the job boards.

I'm not going down the council gritter without a fight.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Good new post on Angular by @ppk: The problem with Angular - QuirksBlog
    As always, thanks for taking the time to share.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    {{ rant about AngularJS }}
    Good new post on Angular by @ppk: The problem with Angular - QuirksBlog

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Contractoid View Post
    Exciting News Just In this evening!

2nd interview took place 22nd December 2014 well known airline consortium. Promised decision before Christmas. Feedback today reads "He was alright but not blown away".

I take it all back. I have absolutely no grounds whatsoever for my unfounded criticism of most companies dealings with candidates as being shoddy, unproffesional, arrogant, couldn't give a f*&k, make it up as we go along, f8%k you we'll behave in whatever way we want because we are perfect and you are a dirty little candidate microbe we can squash at will, kind of way.

This Gin and Tonic talks for itself!

It may not be what you want to hear, but I suspect you just dodged a huge bullet there. They sound like übercnuts.

Leave a comment:

• Contractoid
    replied
    Exciting News Just In this evening!

2nd interview took place 22nd December 2014 well known airline consortium. Promised decision before Christmas. Feedback today reads "He was alright but not blown away".

I take it all back. I have absolutely no grounds whatsoever for my unfounded criticism of most companies dealings with candidates as being shoddy, unproffesional, arrogant, couldn't give a f*&k, make it up as we go along, f8%k you we'll behave in whatever way we want because we are perfect and you are a dirty little candidate microbe we can squash at will, kind of way.

This Gin and Tonic talks for itself!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You sure they didn't get the interviewees mixed up?
    Ah see, presumptious again! And wrong again!

Think you'd better give up.

Leave a comment:

• RowleyBirkinQC
    replied
    Brrrwwrwrwrwrw. 6 breasts.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    It's a bleeding joke looking for .Net roles at the minute.

Call goes

Rate

And then the feckin' framework bingo.

Angular?
    Bootstrap?
    Node?
    JSWidgets?
    JBollocks?
    ArseQuery?

I can't keep up.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    lots of people look like Suity

Only this chap.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    To the agent I met the job spec perfectly, was a carbon copy of someone he placed there earlier and was doing well.
    lots of people look like Suity

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    There is your problem Suity. You don't meet enough minority criteria. Black up minstrel style and wear a dress for your next interview

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    I know for a fact I got one job because the only other candidate was almost 'argumentative' in the interview. All he was told was he didnt get the job. And he'd worked for the same client previously.
    You sure they didn't get the interviewees mixed up?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    I know for a fact I got one job because the only other candidate was almost 'argumentative' in the interview. All he was told was he didnt get the job. And he'd worked for the same client previously.

In another case when I was one of two interviewers on a Utilities project, we interviewed a woman who looked like James Robertson Justice (and sounded like him as well!). I was told in no uncertain terms at the end of the interview, she wasnt going to be marked high due to her 'not fitting in with what we want'!

tulip happens, its frustrating but there's squat all you can do.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Mostly agree.

Feedback benefits the agent as well as the contractor. It could be that they moved the job spec a little. In my case it was "has too many short term contracts". To the agent I met the job spec perfectly, was a carbon copy of someone he placed there earlier and was doing well.

With this feedback I knew what the problem was, he knew to only put candidates forward that had longer duration contracts.

Sometimes feedback is a good thing.
    Sometimes feedback isn't accurate. I have seen people rejected for a multitude of reasons and I doubt the agent was given the feedback we used when rejecting them.

Its a nice to have and may be honest but its equally likely the reason given was not the real personal reason (face didn't fit, someone took exception to the shoes, needed the utterly useless wheelchair bound black lesbian to meet company profile requirements).

There is your problem Suity. You don't meet enough minority criteria. Black up minstrel style and wear a dress for your next interview

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Pretty much what he said.

Clients won't give feedback in case it comes back to bite them because someone takes offence, same reason they won't give references.
    Agents will be talking to the successful candidate or finding new ones or on the next role so don't care or want to waste the bandwidth on those who failed.

It's crappy, but it's reality and a fact of contracting.
    Mostly agree.

Feedback benefits the agent as well as the contractor. It could be that they moved the job spec a little. In my case it was "has too many short term contracts". To the agent I met the job spec perfectly, was a carbon copy of someone he placed there earlier and was doing well.

With this feedback I knew what the problem was, he knew to only put candidates forward that had longer duration contracts.

Sometimes feedback is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X