• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: malvolio

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "malvolio"

Collapse

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    This whole thread is a piece of tulip. It should go away.

At best it's a sockie ridden infestation and at worst it's either an attack on someone or a ruse designed to promote someone.

General is not the place to argue the toss over someone's advice. The place to do it is in the thread where the suspect advice was given.
    Thread locked!

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

This whole thread is a piece of tulip. It should go away.

At best it's a sockie ridden infestation and at worst it's either an attack on someone or a ruse designed to promote someone.

General is not the place to argue the toss over someone's advice. The place to do it is in the thread where the suspect advice was given.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    And which of those - apart from the first which I didn't say anyway and the second, which has changed recently anyway - is factually incorrect?
    Of those listed, I recall you saying the latter several times (about ELI as a requirement for a valid RoS). This is extremely questionable, as ELI can be arranged immediately. However, your advice is generally very good IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    And which of those - apart from the first which I didn't say anyway and the second, which has changed recently anyway - is factually incorrect?
    I'd also like to hear from Eek. I saw some dust and his yellow streak hot foot it out of here the minute someone stood up to him.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    Regular client office makes it a 'permanent' place of work therefore any travel/subsistence/accommodation claims are taxable income.

Mileage from home to temporary workplace is only claimable in part - must deduct the mileage that would have normally done to permanent workplace.

Meal expenses - Can't claim subsistence, since you have to eat anyway. Can claim only if you are working long days.

Training costs are BiK unless associated with an actual fee-earning contract.

Expenses do not need to be reported on P11D if paid by company (debit card, etc.).

Not having ELI invalidates your RoS clause and makes it a sham.

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Do you have any examples of his advice, of which the veracity you find questionable?
    Regular client office makes it a 'permanent' place of work therefore any travel/subsistence/accommodation claims are taxable income.

Mileage from home to temporary workplace is only claimable in part - must deduct the mileage that would have normally done to permanent workplace.

Meal expenses - Can't claim subsistence, since you have to eat anyway. Can claim only if you are working long days.

Training costs are BiK unless associated with an actual fee-earning contract.

Expenses do not need to be reported on P11D if paid by company (debit card, etc.).

Not having ELI invalidates your RoS clause and makes it a sham.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Beat me to it...

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Do you have any examples of his advice, of which the veracity you find questionable?
    Beat me to it...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Looks at the advice he offers. Hmm you may well have to reconsider that. Granted he does offer advice, I'm not exactly sure how accurate it is.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    No. Just the CUK annual awards thread which said I'm not cut out to be a contractor.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    And did it turn up anything?
    No. Just the CUK annual awards thread which said we were still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Where was this announced? Is it official? Link?

Edit : forget that. I did a search
    And did it turn up anything?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Where was this announced? Is it official? Link?

Edit : forget that. I did a search

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yeh. No. Dunno. Weird. That's good.
    Well don't go just yet. We'd miss you, even if you are a cantankerous old git.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh. No. Dunno. Weird. That's good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X