• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: NCOTBAC

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NCOTBAC"

Collapse

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Maybe.

Sometimes you need money. Sometimes you need fulfilment. Sometimes security. Sometimes you just need an easy life.

Contractor. Permie. Full-Time. Part-Time. Manager. Employee. Owner.

Select from the options above to meet your current needs.

But just because you have a chosen particular option doesn't mean you have to stick with it until your dying days.
    Exactly - I chose contracting because it seemed to fit what I wanted out of the next steps of my career. If that changes, I'll be off and then one day I may be back!

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Feck me, more permies here that contractors! WTTA said, the only constant in life is change. Too much time at home with the family is not conducive to a healthy mental state either, you'll feel a lot better sat a desk all day

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    You mean significant other who isn't an impoverished permie
    Maybe.

Sometimes you need money. Sometimes you need fulfilment. Sometimes security. Sometimes you just need an easy life.

Contractor. Permie. Full-Time. Part-Time. Manager. Employee. Owner.

Select from the options above to meet your current needs.

But just because you have a chosen particular option doesn't mean you have to stick with it until your dying days.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Chin up, chest out () invoice at the ready. Suck it up buttercup. You were born to do this tulip, it's in your blood. Go get em tiger. grrrr.

Oh, and book a holiday... knowing there's a fortnight of margaritas around the corner makes dealing with morons so much more worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Fingers crossed that 2015 brings a gig you like, and who like you.
    If you wish upon a star galaxy universe!

me too suity, find a niche and stay away from torrenting.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I switched back to permie when I needed to have a definite schedule for doing the school run etc.
    permie, work from home and very little stress if organised right.

appraisals are just ways to fill in a couple of hours. don't take them too seriously.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I switched back to permie when I needed to have a definite schedule for doing the school run etc.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied

Must admit, I'd prefer to become a laydee of leisure.
    You still pulling young men from so-called online games?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Just a thought but would a brief change of scenery help? Cheap last minute flight for a long weekend in say, Gran Canaria? Book it for nearer the end of the month?

Does sound like end of Christmas blues, so these should lift once you get back in the saddle.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    That's really very nice of you MS.

Thank you. X.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Sure must beat being benched while staring into the abyss.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Isn't the problem simply that you've been too long in one place. Time to take a break and find something else. Granted your travel will probably be longer but a change of scene sounds like a plan...
    Yep, agree. Current domestics mean that local and flexible is essential at the mo.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You can have my job. Do you like international travel and champagne?
    You still got a job then? My bulltulip skills are in the amateur league. I can't compete with your expertise.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 2 January 2015, 09:29.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    not when the champagne is merely there to drown out the pain of the international travel....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Sure must beat being benched while staring into the abyss.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Suffering a bout of CBA at the mo. Think I'll limp to the end of this stint and have a break/skill up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X