• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I finally understand why people don't understand me"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Some of us are naturally sneaky.

And it's you I learn from. One day, the student will become the master.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You have to have these experiences to learn that though. Smarts is smarts. Guile and cunning takes a little longer.
    Some of us are naturally sneaky.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    The fact you have to ask means you won't understand the answer.
    So you don't know then.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    How's that snake oil consultancy in any way?
    The fact you have to ask means you won't understand the answer.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Irrelevant and incomparable situation.

I detest snake oil consultants that line their pockets in this way.
    How's that snake oil consultancy in any way?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Have you forgotten to take your lithium? You could try swallowing a CR2032 battery instead.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    This. I knew a guy who was an agricultural engineer. One particular model of tractor had a 'feature' whereby a small stone could jump up and lodge in the workings somewhere preventing the hydraulics functioning correctly. He got loads of work from that issue, but never told any farmers about it cos then they'd fix it themselves and he wouldn't be able to bill for it and wouldn't pick up other work whilst he was on site.
    Irrelevant and incomparable situation.

I detest snake oil consultants that line their pockets in this way.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    If you're that smart, you'd know how to time the solution so you look good without pissing off the rest of the team. If you've got to have it fixed within the hour, thirty-five minutes is probably the best time to announce you've found it.

Also, if anyone tries to watch you do the analysis - stop working. They don't need to know you found it in 5 seconds.
    This. I knew a guy who was an agricultural engineer. One particular model of tractor had a 'feature' whereby a small stone could jump up and lodge in the workings somewhere preventing the hydraulics functioning correctly. He got loads of work from that issue, but never told any farmers about it cos then they'd fix it themselves and he wouldn't be able to bill for it and wouldn't pick up other work whilst he was on site.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    If you're that smart, you'd know how to time the solution so you look good without pissing off the rest of the team. If you've got to have it fixed within the hour, thirty-five minutes is probably the best time to announce you've found it.

Also, if anyone tries to watch you do the analysis - stop working. They don't need to know you found it in 5 seconds.
    You have to have these experiences to learn that though. Smarts is smarts. Guile and cunning takes a little longer.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Hey! That is exactly right! Suity must be a god!
    Loving the new moccasins btw. Very you. X.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yep. God of Cretins.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    You know in the sitting room, next to your reclining armchair there's that little stacked nest of tables you put your pint on? Opposite that, in the alcove there's the little unit with the peeling Formica you always never quite get around to replacing? They're on there next to the rolled up copy of heat magazine you were reading while astride the downstairs loo.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    You're a genius. Lost my glasses yet again. Can you tell me where I put them?
    You know in the sitting room, next to your reclining armchair there's that little stacked nest of tables you put your pint on? Opposite that, in the alcove there's the little unit with the peeling Formica you always never quite get around to replacing? They're on there next to the rolled up copy of heat magazine you were reading while astride the downstairs loo.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Try it and see. Best approach is gently and from behind.
    Only Assassins do it from behind.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X