• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Suddenly plagued by calls on my mobile from a Bob call centre...."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yes, but unless the OP is a woman, they're unlikely to be using a Windows phone.
    Huh? Most of the women I know have/want iPhones.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    The Mr Number app is great for blocking numbers. You don't have to put them in your contact list, just select to either hang up or force it to voicemail. I block 'numbers beginning with..." (for example 0843) so you don't have to list individual numbers. This is also good for spammers who use various numbers from call centres so if I don't know anyone in the area the call is from I just block the whole area code.

I also report spam texts to get the number blocked. I think a few of the providers do it but it certainly works with Three. When you get a spam text forward it to 7726 (SPAM on the number pad) and they send a text back asking for the number the text came from. They'll acknowledge your text and say they will block the number.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Windows phone has a pretty decent block number facility as standard.
    Yes, but unless the OP is a woman, they're unlikely to be using a Windows phone.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Windows phone has a pretty decent block number facility as standard.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    01892731395 / 01892 731395 - Find Out Who Called Me

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    I've got a Sony Xperia and it hasn't got a block facility for numbers that aren't in the contact list.
    Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
    I used to add the numbers to my contact list under the name "Do not answer" and then set their ringtone to a wav file of a few seconds silence. It rings at their end and then goes to voicemail (of course they don't leave a message), I don't hear it ring and see a missed called from "Do not answer" later on. Works a treat for me.
    You can also add it as a contact "tw@t" and then block it. I thought you might also be able to get your provider to block the number but maybe not.

Leave a comment:

• DannyF1966
    replied
    I used to add the numbers to my contact list under the name "Do not answer" and then set their ringtone to a wav file of a few seconds silence. It rings at their end and then goes to voicemail (of course they don't leave a message), I don't hear it ring and see a missed called from "Do not answer" later on. Works a treat for me.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Just block the numbers.
    I've got a Sony Xperia and it hasn't got a block facility for numbers that aren't in the contact list.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Just block the numbers.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I'm working in a couple of loan brokerages now, the way they pass 'leads' and sell on data is pretty shocking.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Funnily enough I got my 1st junk call last week.

I blocked the number but I'm not sure if it's going to do any good.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    01904 406022 is another one

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Not sure why, but I don't think I've had a junk call on my mobile for well over a year now.

Anyway, do you have a bank account?

Leave a comment:

• Suddenly plagued by calls on my mobile from a Bob call centre....

I think they are going down the PPP claim road but to do with bank accounts with built in benefits. 2 calls to my work mobile in 5 minutes...

Their first question 'do you have a bank account'

Is any one else getting this?

Numbers called from;

029 2060 2489
    01892 731395

Working...
X