• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suddenly plagued by calls on my mobile from a Bob call centre....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows phone has a pretty decent block number facility as standard.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Windows phone has a pretty decent block number facility as standard.
      Yes, but unless the OP is a woman, they're unlikely to be using a Windows phone.

Comment

The Mr Number app is great for blocking numbers. You don't have to put them in your contact list, just select to either hang up or force it to voicemail. I block 'numbers beginning with..." (for example 0843) so you don't have to list individual numbers. This is also good for spammers who use various numbers from call centres so if I don't know anyone in the area the call is from I just block the whole area code.

I also report spam texts to get the number blocked. I think a few of the providers do it but it certainly works with Three. When you get a spam text forward it to 7726 (SPAM on the number pad) and they send a text back asking for the number the text came from. They'll acknowledge your text and say they will block the number.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Yes, but unless the OP is a woman, they're unlikely to be using a Windows phone.
          Huh? Most of the women I know have/want iPhones.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X