• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Banned - worzelGummidge"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Quite so.

They weren't Doggy Styles sockies at all, they were wurzel's. You can see my mistake...

HTH.
    It seems you have succeeded in seeing him off.

Some of those characters were among the most harmless yet amusing ones on here. Is CUK going corporate?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Some of his sockies were detected on the sockie radar from 100 miles away. I still maintain that if a sockie pops up with a nice girlie avatar the mods just provide instant immunity.
    Or a nice male with a cute ass will do it for cojak.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I remember everyone thought Wilmslow was a contractor - until he turned up at a meet-up!
    IIRC Wilmslow had to create a sockie (Gruffalo) because his boss found out his CUK user ID and was monitoring his posts.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Some of his sockies were detected on the sockie radar from 100 miles away. I still maintain that if a sockie pops up with a nice girlie avatar the mods just provide instant immunity.
    Like my 'Gentile' sockie ???

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Quite so.

They weren't Doggy Styles sockies at all, they were wurzel's. You can see my mistake...

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    IT'S AN OUTRAGE!

The tranquility of my hitherto very pleasant retirement has been shattered, my cage has been well and truly rattled and I totter from my cosy corner in the Barking Dogs to accept the clarion call to stand four square behind DS in this, his hour of need.

I strongly refute these baseless allegations being bandied about by some of the vulgarians that frequent this forum and I won't have a good man's reputation sullied in such a manner.

So there.
    Quite so.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    (S)he finally as good as admitted she was a sockie.

Who'd have thunk it?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    IT'S AN OUTRAGE!

The tranquility of my hitherto very pleasant retirement has been shattered, my cage has been well and truly rattled and I totter from my cosy corner in the Barking Dogs to accept the clarion call to stand four square behind DS in this, his hour of need.

I strongly refute these baseless allegations being bandied about by some of the vulgarians that frequent this forum and I won't have a good man's reputation sullied in such a manner.

So there.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I want to know why Gittings Gal was banned. No I can't guess why!
    (S)he finally as good as admitted she was a sockie.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I want to know why Gittings Gal was banned. No I can't guess why!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Send them an email. If you don't get a reply, join IPSE, start a thread over there and hope that someone over there is nice enough to send admin a PM about the banned account.

But it's not like you haven't got any other accounts to use, is it?
    You mean a Sockie?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Is there a way to provide the banned user an opportunity to reach the administrator/moderator (without creating a sockie) to protest/discuss?
    Send them an email. If you don't get a reply, join IPSE, start a thread over there and hope that someone over there is nice enough to send admin a PM about the banned account.

But it's not like you haven't got any other accounts to use, is it?

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Fair enough, I don't know the ins and outs of IP addresses and locations, I thought admins were godlike in that department.

The point stands though, someone else is having fun letting me take the rap.

I have to admit, I found those particular sockies amusing.
    IT'S AN OUTRAGE!

So there.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you're really that bothered about it, IP it's easy to fake... Post using your sockie from an EC2 instance being one way, or your phone on mobile data, ...
    It think was the norm as the sockie accounts often had the sort of typos you get when posting from a phone. However they must have slipped up upon occasion.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    No definitely not a sockie. His complaining on the IPSE forums about his treatment was a possible sign of this

I unbanned his account of Friday but he hasn't come back yet. The first rule of sockie hunt: don't kill off the real user(s)
    Is there a way to provide the banned user an opportunity to reach the administrator/moderator (without creating a sockie) to protest/discuss?

I felt angry, frustrated and all that last week, but then humans make errors. Almost created a sockie to get in touch with you, but then decided against it as I would only be successful in shooting myself in the head!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X