• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If KentPhilip is banned for advocating rape..."

Collapse

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Strange. He accepted 10p to have you banned for two years last time.
    Yes, but thousands of 10p's add up to quite a bit!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    JUst half the CUK annual fee as a fine? Sounds like a light punishment to me.

I don't think admin would take kindly. I once offered to buy rep! Admin was most unamused - said he wanted to be very suity(bed wetting) and run an above board site.

I hate someone who cannot be bribed.
    Strange. He accepted 10p to have you banned for two years last time.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I never seen the comment and I am not sure how many people did see it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Indeed that is your right.

I think he should be allowed back immediately provided he pays £2000 to a relevant charity. Fair?
    JUst half the CUK annual fee as a fine? Sounds like a light punishment to me.

I don't think admin would take kindly. I once offered to buy rep! Admin was most unamused - said he wanted to be very suity(bed wetting) and run an above board site.

I hate someone who cannot be bribed.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

I would like the penalty for rape to be hung drawn and quartered. At least for those close to me. For everyone else they should be imprisoned.

I have a 12 year old daughter. But I still think KP should be given a 6 month ban with final warning on permaban.
    Indeed that is your right.

I think he should be allowed back immediately provided he pays £2000 to a relevant charity. Fair?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    If anonymous people can get so worked up about another anonymous person getting banned for making a joke, imagine how such a 'joke' might affect another anonymous person who had suffered such a fate?

There are some things one should not joke about, especially anonymously.

No, I am not such a person but as a father of two girls and with two granddaughters, it is one of my worst nightmares.
    I would like the penalty for rape to be hung drawn and quartered. At least for those close to me. For everyone else they should be imprisoned.

I have a 12 year old daughter. But I still think KP should be given a 6 month ban with final warning on permaban.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

If anonymous people can get so worked up about another anonymous person getting banned for making a joke, imagine how such a 'joke' might affect another anonymous person who had suffered such a fate?

There are some things one should not joke about, especially anonymously.

No, I am not such a person but as a father of two girls and with two granddaughters, it is one of my worst nightmares.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Actually it explicitly advocated rape
    Advocate means "publicly recommend or support" and a joking short one line comment in response to another falls well short of that. You'll be banning me for my enthusiastic comments about lady pigs' bottoms next.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Not mine. I think it belongs to Administrator.

When someone is temp banned for a particular action, and they do it again, perm ban seems to be reasonable. If KP thinks he didn't advocate rape then I suggest in whatever form he decides to return, he be more careful with the use and positioning of words...
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Actually it explicitly advocated rape and if KP can't see that then he needs to rethink his idea of 'a joke'.
    I still think a 6 month ban would have been in order.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Actually it explicitly advocated rape and if KP can't see that then he needs to rethink his idea of 'a joke'.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Not mine. I think it belongs to Administrator.

When someone is temp banned for a particular action, and they do it again, perm ban seems to be reasonable. If KP thinks he didn't advocate rape then I suggest in whatever form he decides to return, he be more careful with the use and positioning of words...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Received from KP:-

A message from the 'ghost' of KentPhilip here. Sorry I had to die on you (get banned) so suddenly. While I don't agree that my final post was in any way advocating rape (and I think other forum members who know what I said will agree), I respect the decision of the moderators. It is their site, not mine, and have an absolute right to decide what content goes onto it or not.

In any case after 8 years I think it is time to "retire" Kentphilip. It was a stupid name to begin with, and I don't know why I chose it - it's completely meaningless! But I'd like to thank all of you for your company over the years - there have been several posts that have genuinely cheered me up and got me out of a fix, so I'm grateful for that.

The Contractoruk.com forum continues to be a wonderful site as a place of banter, current affairs discussion, and a "safe space" for discussion of problems we all have as contractors. Long may it live.

Will I be back in some form in the future? I'm not going to admit that here!

Adios!
    Is it the moderators site ?

I didn't know that

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Received from KP:-

A message from the 'ghost' of KentPhilip here. Sorry I had to die on you (get banned) so suddenly. While I don't agree that my final post was in any way advocating rape (and I think other forum members who know what I said will agree), I respect the decision of the moderators. It is their site, not mine, and have an absolute right to decide what content goes onto it or not.

In any case after 8 years I think it is time to "retire" Kentphilip. It was a stupid name to begin with, and I don't know why I chose it - it's completely meaningless! But I'd like to thank all of you for your company over the years - there have been several posts that have genuinely cheered me up and got me out of a fix, so I'm grateful for that.

The Contractoruk.com forum continues to be a wonderful site as a place of banter, current affairs discussion, and a "safe space" for discussion of problems we all have as contractors. Long may it live.

Will I be back in some form in the future? I'm not going to admit that here!

Adios!
    So to summarise...

"I did not do anything wrong but I got banned and I am not complaining 'cos they had a right to."

"I'm tired of CUK and I wanted out but it is a fantastic place and I want to come back."

Yeah, ok them.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    We need a mass CUK face-sitting protest against excessive moderator prurience.

What did a mass face-sitting outside Parliament look like? - UK - News - The Independent

PS How do you line them up? Spaces don't work.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Please pass on my thanks to him. I think a tempban would have been more appropriate.
    I would agree. Straight to permabans recently have been a joke and very tedious. It's like NAT and Cojak have become the Torquemada and Mary Whitehouse of the moderation world.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X