• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas dinner - what will be on your table"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    We're having a traditional Christmas dinner with the Father-In-Law at his dementia home. It's his first Christmas there so I'll be doing my best to make sure the missus doesn't get too weepy. In the evening the missus and I will have champagne cocktails and caviar on our lonesome at home whilst watching some tulip on telly.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Recent convert to sprouts, I found you could puree them with butter and creme fraiche and make them taste much nicer and add chestnuts and bacon.

Same with parsnips, never really liked them till I did some roast for Mr N recently, he was lucky to have any left.
    Roasted veg, I empty the fridge of all the tired veg chop it up loads of garlic & mushrooms larter and shove it in with whatever you are roasting always great.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Obviously I'll be having a twelve bird roast Heal Farm - On Line Meat and Country Food: Massive 12 Bird True Love Roast - feeds 125

Either that or goose with all the usual trimmings. Yum!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Oooh I forgot about that

The absolute best place around here to blow decent amounts of money on a meal recently closed ... we'll have to travel much further afield to get a really decent expensive nosh-up
    you can of course fund travel.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sprouts fried in butter and bacon are nice. But only because they end up tasting of buttery bacon.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Turkey crown, big joint of ham. Full set of veg (parsnips, sprouts, carrots, broccoli, coli, mash, roast spuds, stuffing, pigs in blankets)

Best meal of the year.
    I have no issue with this at all but do find it amusing that "pigs in blankets" gets categorised under veg!!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I adoooore sprouts.
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Roast parsnips are amazing. Especially brushed with honey... almost as good as pigs.
    Recent convert to sprouts, I found you could puree them with butter and creme fraiche and make them taste much nicer and add chestnuts and bacon.

Same with parsnips, never really liked them till I did some roast for Mr N recently, he was lucky to have any left.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    My Ltd will be having it's annual Christmas party on Christmas day. Just me and the wife in the restaurant, literally, across the road.

I shall of course, be keeping the cost to less than £150 per head.
    Oooh I forgot about that

The absolute best place around here to blow decent amounts of money on a meal recently closed ... we'll have to travel much further afield to get a really decent expensive nosh-up

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Turkey crown, big joint of ham. Full set of veg (parsnips, sprouts, carrots, broccoli, coli, mash, roast spuds, stuffing, pigs in blankets)

Best meal of the year.
    Exactly the same here. Can I save time and come to your house for Christmas?

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    My Ltd will be having it's annual Christmas party on Christmas day. Just me and the wife in the restaurant, literally, across the road.

I shall of course, be keeping the cost to less than £150 per head.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    ah yes indeed

I was thinking more about the parsnips/sprouts

No one ever has more than 1 each of these so to put a bowl out of 20 is pointless, timeconsuming and it takes up valuable table space...

mmm I think I may do a hybrid this year!
    Roast parsnips are amazing. Especially brushed with honey... almost as good as pigs.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Goose, probably. Or roast lamb. Goose with lemons and limes is wonderful, as are the potatoes roasted in the fat.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    ah yes indeed

I adoooore sprouts.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Swan

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Food on serving plates/bowls in the middle with the PiB and Roasties located next to me.
    ah yes indeed

No one ever has more than 1 each of these so to put a bowl out of 20 is pointless, timeconsuming and it takes up valuable table space...

mmm I think I may do a hybrid this year!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X