• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Questions about expenses [merged]"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Any further questions about expenses from ItRYmyBEst will be treated as trolling.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Oh look, yet another absurdly stupid question from this blatant troll.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
    So I've gotten tired (
    Me too.. Of your trolling.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    The normal rules apply regardless of means of travel.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    So I've gotten tired (I'm over 30) of 6 years of commuting on the trains and tube and am taking taxis in london most days to work at a cost of around £18 per trip (executive saloon).

Will this pass as legitimate business travel expense?
    Pouffnik.

I'm 55 and happy with bus.

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    Taking taxis most days to work as expense.

So I've gotten tired (I'm over 30) of 6 years of commuting on the trains and tube and am taking taxis in london most days to work at a cost of around £18 per trip (executive saloon).

Will this pass as legitimate business travel expense?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    You have a choice.

1. Ask your stupid question of your accountant who knows your business and is able to give you an informed answer.
    2. Ask your stupid question of a bunch of people who are getting fed up of answering your brainfarts and are as likely to give you harmful advice as they are good advice.

If the quality of your questions doesn't improve your account will be suspended on the grounds of trolling.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Ask your accountant, that is *literally* their job.

You could class it as an expense, or as R&D, or you could payroll the freelancer.

You *literally* pay an accountant for these sorts of questions. Go ask one.

*slowly turns into NLUK*

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    'Cos he is a Gayer?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    why Putin in a pride logo?
    It's called ironic wit.

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    why Putin in a pride logo?

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    I don't want to ask him simple things like this.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Have you asked your accountant at all?

Or is he on holiday or rubbish or you don't trust him/her?

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    Paying freelancer for new app as expense for my ltd company

I am developing a new app using new technologies I've not used much and want to hire a person freelance. Can I expense this from my Ltd company? I would use this app as part of my company and get revenue from it there.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    I moved my office into my kitchen and turned it into my home office with ensuite facilities.

Now whenever I want a coffee, I just do 5 minutes of overtime. Same if I fancy a fry-up.

The only thing more delicious than bacon is tax-deductible bacon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X