• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Plans?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Plans?"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Fight practice in the evening where I will, hopefully, be able to showcase my posh new kit and hit people.
    Turns out that this was a mistake after a very busy and sleep deprived weekend. Spent an hour or so getting the tulipe knocked out of me and then went home and crashed out whilst trying to watch Dr Who

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Brillo isn't coming with me???
    I got your invite - but thought it was a ruse to go me out of the house.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    Beers to night in the City , then Hangover tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Cheers, have an enjoyable one yourself...

- started last night with another 2 one man band, Urban Junior (1) and John Schooley (2) which was rather enjoyable although the long walk home knackered me out
    - dentist this morning, didn't do anything, just have to go again in a week for the full whack and then off to Wiesbaden for eclairs. Kegel tonight
    - Tomorrow will be a spot of shopping followed by some football watching and see if San Marino do the business ( ) and possibly Poland
    - chilled and relaxed Sunday, cook a 'mega-bum-burner-toilet-roll-in-the-fridge' chilli. Contract searching and paperwork will also be undertaken

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    tfa

tonight - nowt just chillin with wife n kids
    Saturday out in Chester for someones birthday
    Sunday watching the footy

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Thanks!

GF Platypus is cooking curry tonight, I think it'll be a hot one (curry that is).

Saturday: not a lot. Might try to walk a few miles
    Sunday: the World Conker Championships

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    TFA

Probably going shopping for a new suit at some point. Other than that, not a lot (but I'll like it).

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    TFA.

Tonight: Quiet one. It was supposed to be a bottle of vino and a film with Mrs P but I've just been into the kitchen and caught the dog chewing up the DVD. So instead I will be investigating LoveFilm's damaged goods policy.

Sat: Need to buy some new boots and want to try the new Wahaca that's opened for a spot of lunch.

Sun. Hopefuly nothing, nada, zilch. sweet FA. Most likely popping round to see the oldies etc

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Hmm, I guess watching the F1 and hoping they'll stop banging on about safety and "nothing else is important".

Maybe continuing trying to get to grips with the electric guitar.

Church.

Sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well its Friday so what is everyone doing on their 2 days of leisure....
    Well thank you for asking

Having taken three days off sick this week it won't really feel like an earned two days of leisure, but it is a very exciting weekend in the Bacchus household as we go and do the second harvest in the "family" vineyard (divorced out of the family now, but stay involved).

Picked nearly six tonnes of madeline/seyval/rechsteiner last weekend which will make around six thousand bottles of very fine "vin ordinaire" that is sold principally through Waitrose, should be about three tonnes of Bacchus and three tonnes of Pinot which will make two slightly more special wines which are mainly for family and friends; it may have been a good enough year to make a red from the pinot, Sunday will tell, if not either a blended rose or two fine whites.

So much more to life than billing... when you've done a bit of billing anyway. Pity I don't drink more wine...love it but tend to drink beer! (because I'd drink wine at beer speeds and that wouldn't bode well...)

[edit] Yes, I'm named after a grape not a god of binge drinking...[/edit]

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Thanks for asking.

I don't want you lot getting jealous about my rock 'n' roll lifestyle but I hope to be painting my brand new shed.

If, as seems likely, it rains, then I will probably clean the house.

Roll on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    TFA

Tonight: jazz concert or long leisurely dinner, not sure which
    Tomorrow: Wander around the gourmet market in the morning in Beaune, then head out to visit two vineyards and hopefully buy some wine
    Sunday: Driving down to Lyon, where we'll be spending the next few days

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Are you doing much?
    TFA

Today - possibly off to the pub but the mate I'm off with had ofsted earlier this week so probably not.
    Tomorrow - Supervising a bag pack in Marks and Spencer's tomorrow to raise money for the eek jr's overseas guide trip (if NI can be called overseas).
    Sunday - clearing out the garage so we can store more chocolate related items there. (in the upper cupboards).

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Tipping off the TSA about an incoming nutter.

Brillo isn't coming with me???

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Thanks for asking!

Tonight - put the kids to bed and then chill out with Mrs MUN. Maybe watch a film or something

Tomorrow - Mrs MUN is on an all day hen night thing. So will get up with the kids, play with them for a while and then take them somewhere. Maybe I will see if any of their friends fancy joining them in a soft play centre for a few hours. Then take them home, put on a Disney film, make dinner and put them to bed. After they are down will look at taking apart a maille coif and attaching it to my tournament helmet as an aventail. Might also attach my new splint legs to my padded leg armour.

Sunday - take the family to church and switch off for a couple of hours. Probably take the kids somewhere for a few hours. Fight practice in the evening where I will, hopefully, be able to showcase my posh new kit and hit people.

Are you doing much?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X