• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A noble Blue Nobel."

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Commercial blue LEDs came out a good 20 years or more ago didn't they?

The Nobel prize committee certainly don't like committing themselves prematurely.
    threaded invented them by going into the future and bringing them back.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A friend of mine was told, when studying Physics at university in the late 70s or early 80s, that blue LEDs were impossible

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I remember the first blue leds, they were a few pounds each while the red were 12p.
    Yeah, me too

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I remember the first blue leds, they were a few pounds each while the red were 12p.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Why was a blue one so much harder to create than red or green?
    Because of physics.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Why was a blue one so much harder to create than red or green?/

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    They only got it because it can be linked to climate benefits.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Commercial blue LEDs came out a good 20 years or more ago didn't they?

The Nobel prize committee certainly don't like committing themselves prematurely.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Those little lego police cars would look great with one of them on top. Top inventing

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    started a topic A noble Blue Nobel.

A noble Blue Nobel.

BBC News - Invention of blue LEDs receives physics Nobel

Try, try & try again.

You can get ultraviolet leds now.

LUXEON UV Ultraviolet LEDs | Philips Lumileds Lighting Company

380nm.

Who'd have thunk it?

X ray leds next.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 6 June 2017, 15:31.

Working...
X