• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nasty man tries to gouge out eyes of Polar Bear"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    BBC News - Horatio Chapple death: Polar bear attack narrative verdict

Failures by an expedition company did not cause the death of a British teenager mauled by a polar bear in Norway, a coroner has said.

A victory for common sense.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And Im not a leech.
    Maybe you should be:

Mehdi - Leech Therapy, Leech Therapist, Leech Therapy Sydney, Sydney Leech Therapy, Leech Therapy Australia, Australia Leech Therapy, Leech Medicine, Leeches Medicine, Leeches in Medicine, Medicinal Leeches

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Inverted snobbery worthy of a racist, sexist bigot
    At least I know how to look after my kids. And Im not a leech.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    They don't have anything to protect them from bullets - as the polar bear found out when he got shot for doing what comes naturally. And because a buch of toffs think they can go into its environment and behave like they are in the Bullington Club.
    Inverted snobbery worthy of a racist, sexist bigot

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Feck it, I'm stressed.

I'm gonna eat someone.

Where's the fava beans & chianti?

Oh.

I know.

I'll pop down the hill to Tesco.

Load for Bear!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I do sometimes wonder if have psychopathic tendencies as my first thought on reading about this incident was - bastards, they shot a bloody polar bear.
    I'm not proud

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    BBC News - Horatio Chapple death: Polar bear 'probably stressed'

If it had not been stressed all would have been fine.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    You know who hasn't posted in a while. This chap: View Profile: Svalbaard - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hmmm. What is he doing with the dead polar bear in that picture?

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Having been out hiking and camping on Svalbard myself. The first thing you're taught when you pick up your rifle is to aim at the polar bear's body, not his head, as that has the biggest surface and is easiest to hit
    He did. RTFA

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Having been out hiking and camping on Svalbard myself. The first thing you're taught when you pick up your rifle is to aim at the polar bear's body, not his head, as that has the biggest surface and is easiest to hit

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

They don't have anything to protect them from bullets - as the polar bear found out when he got shot for doing what comes naturally. And because a buch of toffs think they can go into its environment and behave like they are in the Bullington Club.
    Bullingdon

Bloody oik!

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Maybe the bear took exception to the fact that the young man was called Horatio.
    What a name. Very popular in Nelson's days.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Oh, I rather think you do:

ah.
    unHygenic Harold

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You can't beat a good old S&W Model 29* in those circumstances.

No safety catch & it goes bang very loudly indeed.

It does assume you know wtf you're doing of course.

*full factory loads with hollow points, the 4" version probably adequate.

And then again, on further reflection, maybe a shotgun with slugs would be better.
    To kill a toff? Why not just use a polar bear?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X