• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ways to ditch the agent/agency from the loop"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    +1 if an agent gets me a £500 day role i really don't care if hes getting £600 a day...
    I would but if I found out after I had signed I wouldn't get upset about it...

..until renewal time at which time I would come down on him/her like a ton of bricks.

Leave a comment:

• Hireonomy
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    What if the Agency is getting £750 and you are getting £350? I always use agents and they are a necessary evil but they should be regulated to make sure the rate they are paid is transparent to the contractor.
    ABSOLUTELY this

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    +1 if an agent gets me a £500 day role i really don't care if hes getting £600 a day...
    What if the Agency is getting £750 and you are getting £350? I always use agents and they are a necessary evil but they should be regulated to make sure the rate they are paid is transparent to the contractor.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
    WJBS. It's really clear that a number of us see agents as part of the process; an outsourced sales department. I've stuck up for agencies multiple times, including in this thread, as have a number of other people.
    Last edited by kal; 25 June 2014, 09:49.

Leave a comment:

• GillsMan
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Read the thread again. There are a few muppets - mainly n00bs, with the exception of Boo, whose "everyone's an agent" schtick is desperately tedious. The majority of worthwhile contributors around here recognise agents for what they are, namely part of the process.
    WJBS. It's really clear that a number of us see agents as part of the process; an outsourced sales department. I've stuck up for agencies multiple times, including in this thread, as have a number of other people.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    Just in case anyone had any doubts as to why I no longer regularly contribute to threads on CUK (apart from being significantly busier these days) - multiple examples of threads like this....are mainly the reason....CUK is more like Agent Bashing Central. I'll be back to contribute on threads that take the direction malvolio is headed, working together to iron out the traditional issues and generate mutually beneficial relationships!

Oh and Gardener.....
    Read the thread again. There are a few muppets - mainly n00bs, with the exception of Boo, whose "everyone's an agent" schtick is desperately tedious. The majority of worthwhile contributors around here recognise agents for what they are, namely part of the process.

Leave a comment:

• The Agents View
    replied
    Just in case anyone had any doubts as to why I no longer regularly contribute to threads on CUK (apart from being significantly busier these days) - multiple examples of threads like this....are mainly the reason....CUK is more like Agent Bashing Central. I'll be back to contribute on threads that take the direction malvolio is headed, working together to iron out the traditional issues and generate mutually beneficial relationships!

Oh and Gardener.....

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Yeah well, now you know why your attitude makes it that much harder for the grown ups to improve the contractor business model.

Agencies are a £27bn a year business just in the freelance market, they aren't going to go away. What we should be aiming for is to make the business case why they need to work better and smarter with us and for the junior double-glazing salesmen they use as front line staff to get to be at least as professional as we are, and to recognise that our businesses are every bit as real as theirs. Sorry if that's a bit hard to understand, but that's reality for you...
    Bravo!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by gardener View Post
    It's a good sign that you feel the need to prove yourself here.

Tempting... Though it is more entertaining watching a parasite trying to insult me
    And since you are ignoring sensible suggestions to your question I'll take it that you are just trolling this forum.

Have a read of this while you're kicking your heels. http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...al-forums.html

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Though it is more entertaining watching a parasite trying to insult me
    Believe me, he isn't. We don't need to.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by reformation View Post
    You'd be surprised Gardner, im a human being that is normal and well adjusted. I also dont try to screw people over
    It's a good sign that you feel the need to prove yourself here.

Get out in the sunshine and enjoy yourself.
    Tempting... Though it is more entertaining watching a parasite trying to insult me

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Hi comrades,

Any experiences of ditching the parasite from the loop when in contract? How do clients react to it?

Thanks
    Clients who use agents do so for a reason (it's a hassle for many).

You'd be better off finding a direct contract from the beginning of the engagement.

Leave a comment:

• reformation
    replied
    As an agent I bet you worry a lot about inocent people Tell me though, are you also a doctor or you just live in your own head?
    You'd be surprised Gardner, im a human being that is normal and well adjusted. I also dont try to screw people over, i appreciate in your pea brain you'd find that hard to fathom because thats what you'd do.

As i said, you sound like a horrible man and im glad you're not running on my contract book. Every word you type reeks of negativity and bile. *shudder*

Get out in the sunshine and enjoy yourself.

Leave a comment:

• gardener
    replied
    If you're not a troll Gardener you sound like a bloody horrible little man. I think you also legitimately have mental health issues, and im being serious. Im not saying that to be funny on an internet board, i think you should genuinely go to the doctor and explain how you're feeling and these angry outbursts, you'll end up melting down one day and hurting some innocent people.

You dont have a shotgun licence do you?
    As an agent I bet you worry a lot about inocent people Tell me though, are you also a doctor or you just live in your own head?

Leave a comment:

• reformation
    replied
    interesting, I didn't expect my suggestion to pull your head out of your arse will make you push it all the way back in
    If you're not a troll Gardener you sound like a bloody horrible little man. I think you also legitimately have mental health issues, and im being serious. Im not saying that to be funny on an internet board, i think you should genuinely go to the doctor and explain how you're feeling and these angry outbursts, you'll end up melting down one day and hurting some innocent people.

You dont have a shotgun licence do you?
    Last edited by reformation; 21 June 2014, 11:44.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X