• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: NI & CoHo Details

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NI & CoHo Details"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I heard a Headmaster say that he has to fund 50% of the equipment (extra ovens, fridges and such like) - he was not amused as he'd only just finished planning his budget (he said he wouldn't have been so annoyed had this been announced int January).
    Our school is getting a new oven paid for by somebody other than the school.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I'm not 100% sure. The school I'm governor at got money through the Diocese but I'm not sure how non-church schools are getting money and in Leeds it seems to have been from the general repair pot....
    I heard a Headmaster say that he has to fund 50% of the equipment (extra ovens, fridges and such like) - he was not amused as he'd only just finished planning his budget (he said he wouldn't have been so annoyed had this been announced int January).

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    If you want to understand how lords and master work give this a read. It's about Clegg, but honestly it applies to all politicians, including UKIP https://dominiccummings.wordpress.com/
    Given the author (and his role in the recent spat), I'd tread carefully accepting his word at face value (either of them).

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I thought the additional costs were part funded...
    I'm not 100% sure. The school I'm governor at got money through the Diocese but I'm not sure how non-church schools are getting money and in Leeds it seems to have been from the general repair pot....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Be careful there it is funded.....

Well the meals themselves are funded at £2.30 a day, unfortunately the additional costs required to equip kitchens with the additional equipment provided isn't....

which is typical of all projects everywhere not just Government...
    I thought the additional costs were part funded...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    This is an absolute fail by the present government. It's a favorite promise, we will slash red tape, reduce regulations for businesses. What an absolute lie, the truth is they are burying people in pages of regulation and wrapping red tape around everything.

If you want to understand how lords and master work give this a read. It's about Clegg, but honestly it applies to all politicians, including UKIP https://dominiccummings.wordpress.com/

WATO = World at One, radio 4 afternoon show.
    UFSM = Universal Free School Meals - This is the half baked, unfunded promise that is presently train wrecking its way through UK schools.
    Be careful there it is funded.....

Well the meals themselves are funded at £2.30 a day, unfortunately the additional costs required to equip kitchens with the additional equipment provided isn't....

which is typical of all projects everywhere not just Government...

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    What's a PSL?
    Doh

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    I agree Mal - PSL's are not covered by the legislation as we know but the agencies seem to be being extremely cautious over all this at the moment
    What's a PSL?

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Yes but, as has been said, the normal operation of a "PSC" by the standard contractor is out of scope of those regulations. Yes the "PSC" is acting as an "agent" but it's handling of its income and subsequent payment of workers is covered by the MSC and IR35 rules, not these agency ones which are for suppliers of temporary resources that they control.

In what other industry is a prime supplier allowed to be so totally ignorant of their own business I wonder...

Personally I'd tell them to sod off and get the information from publicly available sources. It's not in your contract to do their admin.
    I agree Mal - PSL's are not covered by the legislation as we know but the agencies seem to be being extremely cautious over all this at the moment

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Since they won't be required to make any deductions wrt PAYE and NICs from the contract income since the contract is not in the scope of the new regulations, why do they need an NI number?

And this is for an existing contract. Haven't they already done the necessary due diligence?
    Agencies are just taking a belt & braces approach I suppose, which is what they always tend to do. The NI number proves you have a right to work, so maybe just a new instruction from their legal team who think it will prevent transfer of debt regulations in some circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    It's normal for agencies to ask for proof of directorship, even for newly formed companies. We get it all the time, and I'm forever tempted to send them a link to Companies House so they can stop being lazy rather than download the details for them.

The NI number request is new, but understandable based on the new rules they are scared of.
    Since they won't be required to make any deductions wrt PAYE and NICs from the contract income since the contract is not in the scope of the new regulations, why do they need an NI number?

And this is for an existing contract. Haven't they already done the necessary due diligence?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Even a link to duedil, which is free, would give them the directorship of the company.

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    It's normal for agencies to ask for proof of directorship, even for newly formed companies. We get it all the time, and I'm forever tempted to send them a link to Companies House so they can stop being lazy rather than download the details for them.

The NI number request is new, but understandable based on the new rules they are scared of.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Yes but, as has been said, the normal operation of a "PSC" by the standard contractor is out of scope of those regulations. Yes the "PSC" is acting as an "agent" but it's handling of its income and subsequent payment of workers is covered by the MSC and IR35 rules, not these agency ones which are for suppliers of temporary resources that they control.

In what other industry is a prime supplier allowed to be so totally ignorant of their own business I wonder...

Personally I'd tell them to sod off and get the information from publicly available sources. It's not in your contract to do their admin.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
    Companies House annual return:
    Please provide a copy of your latest annual return for your Limited Company. If you have not yet submitted a return to Companies House, please provide any documentation that confirms the directorships and shareholders of your Limited Company. If you are providing services via PAYE or an umbrella company, this documentation is not required.
    Send them a link to the Companies House website.

Failing that, tell them you will provide a letter on company letterhead confirming this information, signed by a director of the company. Since that would be classed as a legal document, that is technically all that would be required.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X