• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ideal Job

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ideal Job"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    I think this sums up the CUK experience, if I didnt already have a sig I loved Id change it.

Oh and btw, stop bickering in the professional forums!

WeUKS!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Nothing you've said or our subsequent slap-fight has any bearing on the original issue where I called you on attacking someone for asking a simple, innocent question. Are you standing by that response as the way you think serious questions in a serious forum should be addressed?

I don't care if you ask people to stand up for you, it's simply downright rude though when someone is kind to you and you attack them without provocation. It paints exactly the kind of picture of you that the forum bullies want everyone to see.
    And clearly you DO need people on your side if you want to be a part of the community rather than someone just posting here, you show a remarkable inability to interact with other people.
    It's rather ironic you bring up Aspergers considering you show a rather autistic streak in not understanding people well.
    Last edited by d000hg; 8 October 2012, 08:32.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Discussing a topic here is like talking to someone with dementia or Aspergers. In this entire thread you've consistently missed the point, become abusive off-line in areas like the rep system based on your misperceptions, and reacted inappropriately to what you believed had been said rather than what actually was said.
    I think this sums up the CUK experience, if I didnt already have a sig I loved Id change it.

Oh and btw, stop bickering in the professional forums!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I'm always up for a . Hic.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Why can't we all just get along ? Group hug anyone ?

Oh go on then Is d000hg joining us?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Christ, you really do just make it up as you go along, don't you doogie? Have you read anything I actually wrote since this thread started? It doesn't seem that you have, because once again the highlighted text above isn't what I said. What I actually did say, and I quote, was:

There's an important difference between your inaccurate recollection and what I actually did say. My comment was about your behaviour, your misquote is instead merely an ad hominem. i.e., what I actually did say focuses on your frequent tendency to miss the point and dwell on non-issues, which other people (myself included) find frustrating. Your distorted recollection is instead merely about people "not liking you", with no reason given.

Discussing a topic with you is like talking to someone with dementia or Aspergers. In this entire thread you've consistently missed the point, become abusive off-line in areas like the rep system based on your misperceptions, and reacted inappropriately to what you believed had been said rather than what actually was said.

As noted, that character trait of completely missing the point is what several people find frustrating about your behaviour. Liking you or not doesn't come into it.

Hang on a minute, Doogie abused you via rep system for a thread on business section ? That is a straight ban offense, I hope the mods have taken a look at this.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by captainham View Post
    As an impartial bystander, and at the risk of getting involved in the crossfire, I would say this all started to go a bit Pete Tong around about post 9, which was unnecessarily abrasive in my humble opinion.

In the interests of calling a truce, Ms. Gentile perhaps you would care to consider stepping down from DefCon 2; I don't imagine the other protagonists are too interested in posting a response so let's move on.
    Agreed. There was a history to post 9, but it's not worth going into. The bottom line is it's a mistake to argue with anyone on the internet, but on CUK it's doubly-pointless. I'll leave this particular 'debate' alone at this juncture.

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    As an impartial bystander, and at the risk of getting involved in the crossfire, I would say this all started to go a bit Pete Tong around about post 9, which was unnecessarily abrasive in my humble opinion.

In the interests of calling a truce, Ms. Gentile perhaps you would care to consider stepping down from DefCon 2; I don't imagine the other protagonists are too interested in posting a response so let's move on.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So you can admit you over-reacted and show you're reasonable, or continue to drag out a stupid non-argument and demonstrate having the last word is of more importance, and alienate one of those who stood up for you.

Your call.
    PS: That's the second time you've mentioned standing up for or defending me. Feel free to agree with me or not on any subject that comes up, but don't imagine for one moment that I need to be defended or stood up for by anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

You and doogie first.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    I thought perhaps you'd retract your sarky attitude at being asked a genuine question if I made it clear it was a question not some elaborate plot to attack you.

But it seems unlikely since you have spent several more paragraphs repeating yourself and making up claims I've made. I didn't claim anything. I asked you a question and then I asked you a follow-up question. The fact my question[s] betrayed my lack of understanding is hardly something I'm embarrassed about since I told you I didn't understand it in the first place. So trying to point this out and score points on it is pretty silly.

Not every poster on CUK is out to get you. Your quip about "I see why other posters don't like you" is ludicrous because the people who have a go at me are the same ones you accuse of ganging up on you.

So you can admit you over-reacted and show you're reasonable, or continue to drag out a stupid non-argument and demonstrate having the last word is of more importance, and alienate one of those who stood up for you.

Your call.
    Christ, you really do just make it up as you go along, don't you doogie? Have you read anything I actually wrote since this thread started? It doesn't seem that you have, because once again the highlighted text above isn't what I said. What I actually did say, and I quote, was:

No offence, but you do have an unhappy knack of missing the point and asking daft questions sometimes, doogie. I can see why it frustrates people.
    There's an important difference between your inaccurate recollection and what I actually did say. My comment was about your behaviour, your misquote is instead merely an ad hominem. i.e., what I actually did say focuses on your frequent tendency to miss the point and dwell on non-issues, which other people (myself included) find frustrating. Your distorted recollection is instead merely about people "not liking you", with no reason given.

Discussing a topic with you is like talking to someone with dementia or Aspergers. In this entire thread you've consistently missed the point, become abusive off-line in areas like the rep system based on your misperceptions, and reacted inappropriately to what you believed had been said rather than what actually was said.

As noted, that character trait of completely missing the point is what several people find frustrating about your behaviour. Liking you or not doesn't come into it.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Your call.
    +1 to that.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think the "what a cow" message that you left for me in my rep panel said the above more succinctly, and revealed rather more about your true character than the rant above.
    I thought perhaps you'd retract your sarky attitude at being asked a genuine question if I made it clear it was a question not some elaborate plot to attack you.

But it seems unlikely since you have spent several more paragraphs repeating yourself and making up claims I've made. I didn't claim anything. I asked you a question and then I asked you a follow-up question. The fact my question[s] betrayed my lack of understanding is hardly something I'm embarrassed about since I told you I didn't understand it in the first place. So trying to point this out and score points on it is pretty silly.

Not every poster on CUK is out to get you. Your quip about "I see why other posters don't like you" is ludicrous because the people who have a go at me are the same ones you accuse of ganging up on you.

Your call.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I can see why you get under the skin of so many posters with your inability to answer a simple question with having to rub in how much you think you know and how little they do. I consistently defended you, maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

Here's a hint for you sweetheart, when someone tells you they know f-all about something and asks a question which you can easily understand, getting all sarky because their question shows a lack of understanding is just childish; that's WHY they're asking questions in the first place. Either answer the question with grace, or don't bother at all.

I dunno maybe you are just trying to get some street cred by picking on someone, but attacking someone who has supported you out of the blue is pretty pathetic. Makes you as bad as the ones you ganged up on you really.

: Finally d000hg gets it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X