• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where and how I can get 750 per day?"

Collapse

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Do you have to be super-mathematical or something? Are the rates really that much better in front office (I've been as high as just over £600 in IBs, but not front office)?
    Well, you'd need to be math literate, but not a wizz by any means (I'm not.) Most trading calcs/algos are actually quite simple, and also "well known", so you won't have to be a PHD research mathematician to do an IT job. I leave the derivation to the BAs; my job is to "make it all work, and fast."

£600 is a good rate. Front office can pay more, but you need v.good business knowledge and/or niche technical skills to get the sort of rates the OP of this thread was asking about.

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Strange. After all these years, my goal is simply to stay in work doing something I enjoy.

Same here. And get back into work before I lose my mind. The last month feels like a year !

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Roughly, working on the trading floor of an IB or Trading House. Building: Trading Systems (deal capture), Real-time Position Keeping Systems (PnL), Risk Engines, Pricing/Valuation Engines, real-time data distribution, etc., etc., etc.

If your were doing "front office" at the moment, you'd know it.

EDIT: Of course, you don't have to physically be on the trading floor (I'm two floors away, where it's much nicer and quieter... )
    Do you have to be super-mathematical or something? Are the rates really that much better in front office (I've been as high as just over £600 in IBs, but not front office)?

Leave a comment:

• oversteer
    replied
    Oh right.

I am actually working on a risk engine at the moment, although my involvement with said engine remains with the front end and stops as soon as I hit anything involving calculations

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by oversteer View Post
    What exactly is 'front office' anyway?
    Roughly, working on the trading floor of an IB or Trading House. Building: Trading Systems (deal capture), Real-time Position Keeping Systems (PnL), Risk Engines, Pricing/Valuation Engines, real-time data distribution, etc., etc., etc.

If your were doing "front office" at the moment, you'd know it.

EDIT: Of course, you don't have to physically be on the trading floor (I'm two floors away, where it's much nicer and quieter... )
    Last edited by nomadd; 21 September 2011, 10:29.

Leave a comment:

• oversteer
    replied
    What exactly is 'front office' anyway?
    Working for a financial co at present and they have a lot of banks as customers, but I'd like to ensure I use this opportunity to learn as much transferable stuff as possible ...

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Rent boy in Soho with a lot of Chelsea Clients?

Oh... you want to stay in IT.

In that case as mentioned get yourself some serious front office business skills, Quant skills, alongside the coding ones and bobs your uncle.

Possible transistion to FO BA, FO PM.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by gemasp View Post
    Hi guys,

Goal is get contract with rate 750 (ovno) per day.

Regards.
    Strange. After all these years, my goal is simply to stay in work doing something I enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Cock waving threads are for genreal not here, but sorry from reading this post thats all I can assume you trying here.

Love to see you manage it though
    You want to see him wave his cock? That is just wrong

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Cock waving threads are for genreal not here, but sorry from reading this post thats all I can assume you trying here.

Love to see you manage it though

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WNLS.

Sounds like pie in the sky thinking to me.
    Nah, sounds like a DeludedAussie who isn't very good at managing multiple id's or how to answer this question himself.

Hi there,

If I would make quite expensive gift to my business partner, am I allowed to expense it through my Ltd company ?

Thx.
    Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
    If it's your business partner and you buy it through the company, won't they effectively be buying it for themselves anyway??

What are you thinking of buying? Chocs, wine or tobacco isn't an allowable expense for CT.
    Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    100k rolex watch with diamonds

Just interested what tax benefits could you get away with if buying jewellery

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Forgive me for being blunt but if you are having to ask and a) don't know how to within your own skillset or b) research it yourself I would have to take a guess you are not cut out for the rate.
    WNLS.

Sounds like pie in the sky thinking to me.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Forgive me for being blunt but if you are having to ask and a) don't know how to within your own skillset or b) research it yourself I would have to take a guess you are not cut out for the rate.

Leave a comment:

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    When you say sell yourself hard, jsut make sure you dont lie. I hate that, and it gives us all a bad name

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If I am gonna do it traditional way (£50 increase every new contract) it will take me 4 rounds to get there.
    Hmm, sounds like a weird approach. If you've been doing this stuff 12 years I find it hard to see why each contract makes you 10% better than the last.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X