• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best place to buy Business Cards??"

Collapse

• quackhandle
    replied
    If anyone uses businesscards dot co dot uk, bear in mind that the site is based in California and the delivery times reflect this - a bit annoying if you'd spend a few hours tweaking one of their templates!

Went with printing.com in the end as there is a shop near me, very helpful service and just got a call that my cards are ready four days early. 250 cards for 70 notes which included some design tweaks by their guys. Will be going back for co logo and letterheads, etc.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason View Post
    I went to a local design company I met through Business Link. The person running that company was excellent and from a very vague brief "I want to give the impression of an established, trusted company that is solid in the ICT marketplace." produced for me 6 options in terms of logos, colour schemes and overall look and feel. picked out the 2 I liked best and we talked over what I liked and disliked about them. She then came back with 3 refined graphic sets and I found a clear winner. Out of this I got the full stationery pack (complement slips, invoices, front page headed paper, continuation headed paper, business cards and so on) and a full set of graphics and style sheets for my website.

Before looking at just getting a simple card printed from a mass supplier go talk to a local design company the total price was only a few hundred quid. I also retained the original graphics and layouts so I could then go and get prints of any item direct from a printing company.

Jason
    Just out of interest - do you actually use all this stuff?
    I did consider this one myself, but realised I do everything electronically, and It was only after several years that I bothered to get my own business cards, to hand out to fellow contractors and at interviews etc..

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I've got a good set, I've just got to find a way to stop the buggers getting dog earred at the bottom of my handbag.
    What? No solid silver business card holder? INKSPE!

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    I went to a local design company I met through Business Link. The person running that company was excellent and from a very vague brief "I want to give the impression of an established, trusted company that is solid in the ICT marketplace." produced for me 6 options in terms of logos, colour schemes and overall look and feel. picked out the 2 I liked best and we talked over what I liked and disliked about them. She then came back with 3 refined graphic sets and I found a clear winner. Out of this I got the full stationery pack (complement slips, invoices, front page headed paper, continuation headed paper, business cards and so on) and a full set of graphics and style sheets for my website.

Before looking at just getting a simple card printed from a mass supplier go talk to a local design company the total price was only a few hundred quid. I also retained the original graphics and layouts so I could then go and get prints of any item direct from a printing company.

Jason

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Another vote for Moo here. Great quality and some striking designs.
    Also they delivered mine really quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Vandalay
    replied
    My only experience is with Moo, and I've found their cards and design interface superb.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    I've just ordered from Printing solutions - GotPrint

Not had chance to check the quality out yet. Will report when i know more!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I've got a good set, I've just got to find a way to stop the buggers getting dog earred at the bottom of my handbag.

Leave a comment:

• Vanilla
    replied
    Another vote for goodprint here, fantastic quality cards perfect for consultants however contractors could easily make do with Vistaprint 500 for £5 specials though.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jakeylakey View Post
    LOL, I guess id need to work a bit harder on a forum full of IT master minds!

I am an IT contractor though, and I do think Goodprint is the best!
    So how is your Plan B going?

Leave a comment:

• jakeylakey
    replied
    LOL, I guess id need to work a bit harder on a forum full of IT master minds!

I am an IT contractor though, and I do think Goodprint is the best!

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by jakeylakey View Post
    Without a doubt ww w.goodprint.co.uk, fantastic quality with decent customer service to back it up.
    Spoken like a true marketeer!!

Welcome to the forum 1st time poster

Leave a comment:

• jakeylakey
    replied
    Without a doubt ww w.goodprint.co.uk, fantastic quality with decent customer service to back it up.

Leave a comment:

• ddaft
    replied
    I just got some through from goodprint. Very pleased with the quality and arrived within a few days. I originally started out with the intention of using a vistaprint special offer link but resented the fact that 4 quid transformed into 20 by the time it came to pay with shipping, logos etc. Goodprint were half the price and i didn't feel i was being ripped off.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Ice View Post
    Moo all the way for me..
    Not actually a good name if you're a contractor, is it...?

IGMC....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X