• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tories scrapping IR35"

Collapse

• gisp
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

It's true though. Are you working inside?
    I work both. Still very silly statement.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    There are niche skills that no doubt offer more or less constant opportunities for the right contractor but the thing is about niches is they tend to be quite small so it is very much the exception.

Leave a comment:

• RobScott
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

It's true though. Are you working inside?
    Yes . inside is safe and contributes to NI

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Tried trolling, failed, look like a dick.
    look like????

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DrewG View Post

Yeah, you're right, I quoted the wrong person.
    Tried trolling, failed, look like a dick.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

It won't get repealed in any guise. It will get tinkered with and made worse, and most likely more of an administrative nightmare.

There is absolutely no intention to tidy up tax laws as the complexity keeps lots of people well fed and watered. Any government that had the balls to clean it all up would have to deal with the wrath of HMRC because that's the tail which is wagging the treasury dog (as observed above where opinions magically change overnight once MPs become Treasurer).

Leave a comment:

• DrewG
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I never said I struggle to convert interest to contracts - you did.
    Yeah, you're right, I quoted the wrong person.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

You said it, you get lots of inbound interest but struggle to convert interest to a contract. Maybe your inbox is all spam, sharpen your message and the messages will become more relevant.
    I never said I struggle to convert interest to contracts - you did.

Leave a comment:

• DrewG
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I don't even bother reading InMails that start with phrases such as 'You look impressive' or 'Strictly private and confidential' - they are just spam. Let me guess - the profiles associated with these roles are from attractive young women who work at agencies no one has ever heard of?

Here you are using them as evidence in a one man pissing contest. It's like trying to impress people with credit card pre-approval letters.
    You said it, you get lots of inbound interest but struggle to convert interest to a contract. Maybe your inbox is all spam, sharpen your message and the messages will become more relevant.

Leave a comment:

• dsc
    replied

If your inbox is like mine, your outbound game is clearly working, sounds like you're struggling to convert though.

Also, please note that the fourth message down is literally confirmation of starting a new contract on the second week July. I can attract AND convert.
    Please note no one gives a feck what you are saying, how many messages you get and where your kids go to school. I'd suggest investing some time in therapy instead of sitting on this forum constantly posting "look how great I am" content.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied

If your inbox is like mine, your outbound game is clearly working, sounds like you're struggling to convert though.

Also, please note that the fourth message down is literally confirmation of starting a new contract on the second week July. I can attract AND convert.
    I love this constant arrogance you exude - what on Earth makes you think I'm struggling, or have ever struggled, for work?

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

She said 5 - 6 months over 5 years. just over 4 weeks of holiday per year is actually quite small for myslef and the other contractors I
    know. I spend more time than that skiing every year and always come back to a contract, I've never known it any other way.

It's not difficult to pick up a new contract, post-ski season, when your inbox is poppin' like this on the daily.

Click image for larger version Name:	image_2828.png Views:	3 Size:	193.2 KB ID:	4267570

I don't even bother reading InMails that start with phrases such as 'You look impressive' or 'Strictly private and confidential' - they are just spam. Let me guess - the profiles associated with these roles are from attractive young women who work at agencies no one has ever heard of?

Here you are using them as evidence in a one man pissing contest. It's like trying to impress people with credit card pre-approval letters.
    Last edited by TheDude; 30 June 2023, 08:47.

Leave a comment:

• DrewG
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Wait, we're using recruiters messaging you on LinkedIn as a benchmark now? By that standard I should be on £20k a day such is my marketability.

Last edited by DrewG; 30 June 2023, 08:28.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Wait, we're using recruiters messaging you on LinkedIn as a benchmark now? By that standard I should be on £20k a day such is my marketability.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    In all fairness, DrewG is the biggest dick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X