• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Outside IR35 JobBoard / Alert Service"

Collapse

• IsayIsayIsay
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If it ain't broken why waste money fixing it?
    Jobserve still my go-to...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    Got sent this by someone I know. They have built a job board solely for UK Contracts. One neat feature is you can filter by IR35 status.

https://freelanceruk.co.uk/jobs/?ir3...Outside%20IR35
    Why do you 'refine by salary range' when really it should be 'hourly rate' range? Unless, of course, the expectation is that all these outside IR35 workers are salaried

The Salary filter also doesn't work properly. How does selecting £20-30 an hour return a gig offering £900-1100 a day? That assumes you're working 30 hours a day if you're on £30 an hour and charging £900 a day...
    Last edited by ladymuck; 14 February 2022, 12:31.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Originally posted by Scholes blurred vision View Post
    FWIW - after following this thread I used freelanceruk.co.uk and received two offers (both outside) from agencies I have had no prior experience with (I also had two interviews via LI contacts). Accepted one of the engagements and start a week Monday.
    The keyword search facility needs working on, but I thought the interface was significantly better than JS

So, thank you Andy for sharing the link!
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Quite.

In terms of ease, it is the only platform I will look at; the belief being that most, if not all jobs are pasted across the same top four or five platforms.

And of them, JS still works for me. Indeed the older of the two 'views' is what I use. Sticking a job advert up should follow the same ideas as a piece of card in the Post Office Quick Ads window; a cursory scan should be all you need to commit to, to see if it worth digger a little deeper.

Leave a comment:

• Scholes blurred vision
    replied
    FWIW - after following this thread I used freelanceruk.co.uk and received two offers (both outside) from agencies I have had no prior experience with (I also had two interviews via LI contacts). Accepted one of the engagements and start a week Monday.
    The keyword search facility needs working on, but I thought the interface was significantly better than JS

So, thank you Andy for sharing the link!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ensignia View Post

I can't believe how bad Jobserve's platforms still are. Barely seems to have changed from the mid 90s in terms of look and functionality.

https://web.archive.org/web/19971210....jobserve.com/

Leave a comment:

• ensignia
    replied
    Originally posted by simes View Post
    I had asked JobServe if they were going to add an IR35 filter.

Not unreasonably they just said, stick 'Outside' in the additional criteria box and 'that'll cover you.' And that is what I did.
    I can't believe how bad Jobserve's platforms still are. Barely seems to have changed from the mid 90s in terms of look and functionality.

https://web.archive.org/web/19971210....jobserve.com/

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    I had asked JobServe if they were going to add an IR35 filter.

Not unreasonably they just said, stick 'Outside' in the additional criteria box and 'that'll cover you.' And that is what I did.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    I'd agree that LinkedIn is a great place to be found, but jobboards do serve a purpose for keeping an eye on the market and being alerted to new roles.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Craft a half decent LinkedIn profile and I've not been on a job board in years

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Neither have been done particularly well so just look like another pair of young pretenders trying to do the same thing many others have tried before. Focussing on the Outside aspect looks like a cheap shot at marketing rather than it being a solid product in the first place.

Both of them look pretty awful the first time you land on them. Also the first one is already duplicating roles. The few I looked at are duplicated on the 29th Jan and 2nd of Feb which already turn me off and there are fewer roles on the second yes but some on there that aren't in the first either.

So just like many of the other scraping services out there be casting a casual eye over both but neither will be close to the go to solution.

I must admit an IR35 search isn't that important to me either. By the time I've narrowed down the roles that I'm suitable for there are so few I can review each one to check IR35. It's not really a factor for me personally either. If the role is good and suits me I'd take an inside one so putting an outside IR35 option actually narrows the field too much.
    I've fed that back to them! Thanks NLUK. PS there are lots of jobs Inside (and undetermined) if you follow this link. https://freelanceruk.co.uk/jobs/

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Neither have been done particularly well so just look like another pair of young pretenders trying to do the same thing many others have tried before. Focussing on the Outside aspect looks like a cheap shot at marketing rather than it being a solid product in the first place.

Both of them look pretty awful the first time you land on them. Also the first one is already duplicating roles. The few I looked at are duplicated on the 29th Jan and 2nd of Feb which already turn me off and there are fewer roles on the second yes but some on there that aren't in the first either.

So just like many of the other scraping services out there be casting a casual eye over both but neither will be close to the go to solution.

I must admit an IR35 search isn't that important to me either. By the time I've narrowed down the roles that I'm suitable for there are so few I can review each one to check IR35. It's not really a factor for me personally either. If the role is good and suits me I'd take an inside one so putting an outside IR35 option actually narrows the field too much.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Far fewer jobs - the first one by using an off the peg system has an interface that most agency software packages should be able to connect to without any additional effort so it has a lot more jobs listed.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Also this one.

https://outsideir35roles.com/

qh

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    Got sent this by someone I know. They have built a job board solely for UK Contracts. One neat feature is you can filter by IR35 status.

https://freelanceruk.co.uk/jobs/?ir3...Outside%20IR35
    X years in and still the big sites (even ones that only really cater for the UK market) don't offer what is a very obvious filter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X