• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Contract offer

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract offer"

Collapse

• simes
    replied
    Originally posted by uk1000 View Post
    Hi,
    I have been offered a role with offer details sent via email and agency informed met that the client is working on on-boarding for me to start on a specific date but not received paperwork and joining date was delayed with reason client want to do further rate cut.
    Few times rate was reduced from the agreed rate.After waiting for a month now agency saying that the client has already filled the role through some other agency.
    It's a frustration that I had other opportunities which I missed because of this offer.
    I still don't understand how client can fill the role by another resource when they are aware that I am going to join.
    Just wondering is there any legal steps that I can look for or just to drop this?
    It's nearly 2 months I was in the hiring process for this particular role and spent significant time on this.
    Thanks
    This is quoted all over this forum, ad infinitum.

Until your feet are under the desk, keep applying. Do not rely on anything else, whatsoever. Do not halt the applying and the marketing thrust, whatsoever.

...Until your feet are under the desk.

Apply this thinking and you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• zonkkk
    replied
    Hi,
    I have been offered a role with offer details sent via email and agency informed met that the client is working on on-boarding for me to start on a specific date but not received paperwork and joining date was delayed with reason client want to do further rate cut.
    Few times rate was reduced from the agreed rate.After waiting for a month now agency saying that the client has already filled the role through some other agency.
    It's a frustration that I had other opportunities which I missed because of this offer.
    I still don't understand how client can fill the role by another resource when they are aware that I am going to join.
    Just wondering is there any legal steps that I can look for or just to drop this?
    It's nearly 2 months I was in the hiring process for this particular role and spent significant time on this.
    Thanks
    That's why after each contract offer, I contact the hiring manager directly via LinkedIn, and express how excited I am to start working on their project, blah, blah, blah...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
    Good news - There is a job going in Essex for a company called Universal Web Design if you need something quickly. There is a thread on this board if you want more details
    Stop it.

Leave a comment:

• ContractorHardman
    replied
    Good news - There is a job going in Essex for a company called Universal Web Design if you need something quickly. There is a thread on this board if you want more details

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Welcome to contracting.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    What does your signed contract say?

Ahh you don’t have one

Move on

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    No legal redress.

Lessons learned:
    Keep all contracts on the go; it's easier to ditch them at the last minute than ditch them early then ask to be re-included.
    A contract isn't real until you've signed it and done your first billable hour's work. Once you're in it, getting it pulled at a moment's notice is a separate issue.
    Never trust agents. Their job is to get the biggest wedge they can from the client. They don't care who they have to shaft, as much as they do pretend to care.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Hi,
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear it. It's rubbish. Move on.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Any chance that the agency has been lying to you all along? That they were hoping that the guy who got the contract would turn it down and they'd be able to slot you in?

Never ever ever agree to a role reduction with the agency unless they can demonstrate that it's a real reduction request from the client, and not just them fattening their margin.

No - you have no legal redress.

Leave a comment:

• uk1000
    started a topic Contract offer

Contract offer

Hi,
    Thanks

Working...
X