• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Remote work vs. signing an extension (and MoO)"

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by dsc View Post
    That is why I asked the question in the first place, is a PDF "signed" using a made up "signature" (you can pick a few different writing styles in Adobe) or even a cut out / photo of an actual signature valid from a legal point of view?

Btw haven't got a scanner and currently the whole of HR haven't got one either as the client office is effectively closed.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried legit digital signatures with a proper digital certificate?
    define 'legit'....

And yes. Docusign do digital signing. All these are are a piece of evidence to say you agree to something. An email saying 'yeah I read that and I'm in agreement' is sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by dsc View Post
    That is why I asked the question in the first place, is a PDF "signed" using a made up "signature" (you can pick a few different writing styles in Adobe) or even a cut out / photo of an actual signature valid from a legal point of view?

Btw haven't got a scanner and currently the whole of HR haven't got one either as the client office is effectively closed.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried legit digital signatures with a proper digital certificate?
    It’s legal

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• dsc
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    I tried that once and they still insisted on seeing a dusty, wonky scan and wouldn't take the Adobe'd version even with a real signature. It can happen!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    +1

I only have one, noone has ever questioned it, I'm guessing you are giving agents too much credit for having intelligence
    That, and boredom.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I do that - I have an image of my signature that I drop into documents. I have a few for those occasions where I have to sign multiple times as you never exactly produce the same signature each time. A few variants makes it look more authentic
    +1

I only have one, noone has ever questioned it, I'm guessing you are giving agents too much credit for having intelligence

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Use a shredder hooked up to a fax to encrypt your signature before you send the document.

Or just photograph your signature and paste it into the document where it's meant to go.
    I do that - I have an image of my signature that I drop into documents. I have a few for those occasions where I have to sign multiple times as you never exactly produce the same signature each time. A few variants makes it look more authentic

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Still got to print it out. The Sheed-feed scanner makes that light work to scan back in
    Use a shredder hooked up to a fax to encrypt your signature before you send the document.

Or just photograph your signature and paste it into the document where it's meant to go.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Still got to print it out. The Sheed-feed scanner makes that light work to scan back in
    Sounds expensive.
    I have bummed my scanner/printer/fax MFD and just stick to colour laser I got for £100 12 years ago. And phone for scanning...

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    forget scanner. use a phone to take a photo. Office Lens works well.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I tried that once and they still insisted on seeing a dusty, wonky scan and wouldn't take the Adobe'd version even with a real signature. It can happen!
    forget scanner. use a phone to take a photo. Office Lens works well.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    As I've spaffed my life savings on a fairly comprehensive Adobe subscription, it's also very easy for me to add a signature to a PDF of a contract so I don't really need to even print / sign / scan any more.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    You could do it on the free version, in recent years actually..
    I know...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    As I've spaffed my life savings on a fairly comprehensive Adobe subscription, it's also very easy for me to add a signature to a PDF of a contract so I don't really need to even print / sign / scan any more.
    You could do it on the free version, in recent years actually..

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Having a printer/scanner is a must for a contractor for just this reason - I've had a few clients insist on me printing, signing onto the print and scanning back. And all at the 11th hour the night before. They're pretty cheap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X