• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Opt in or Opt out after switch to Umbrella company?"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    A low bar indeed.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    To be fair I got what he was saying.
    A low bar indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    So correct the bit that is wrong - don't expect people to guess what you aree complaining about...
    Sure, I'll take more care to ensure I fully consider all those that chose not to read a post before rushing to respond.

(It wasn't a complaint - it was a statement of fact)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    So correct the bit that is wrong - don't expect people to guess what you aree complaining about...
    To be fair I got what he was saying.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    It was the bit i emboldened that i was calling out as wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Why? I would like to see your argument as to why being (opted) out(side) the agency regulations is a good idea when you are in an umbrella situation?
    It was the bit i emboldened that i was calling out as wrong.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    You are not inside IR35 by default just by using an umbrella. I know several genuinely outside people using them.

You are, however, opted in to the Agency Regs by default (to be precise you can only opt out and getting that right seems to defeat most agencies).

In reality it will make damn all difference 99% of the time.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    WRONG
    Why? I would like to see your argument as to why being (opted) out(side) the agency regulations is a good idea when you are in an umbrella situation?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by legal View Post
    it specifically talks about ltd company. with umbrella you are by default inside ir35, hence is opt in good?
    WRONG

Leave a comment:

• legal
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Have a read: Opt in or opt out - Agency Conduct Regs - Qdos Contractor

What do you think is best for you?
    It specifically talks about Ltd company. With Umbrella you are by default Inside IR35, hence is opt in good?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Some other threads on this..

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...pting-out.html

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...a-company.html

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...a-company.html
    Last edited by northernladuk; 9 March 2020, 13:13.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Have a read: Opt in or opt out - Agency Conduct Regs - Qdos Contractor

What do you think is best for you?

Leave a comment:

• legal
    started a topic Opt in or Opt out after switch to Umbrella company?

Opt in or Opt out after switch to Umbrella company?

Because I am switching to umbrella company soon, I need to confirm Opt in/Opt out "Conduct Regulations 2003".

Should we opt in or out?

Working...
X