• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "War chest Almost Depleted and Getting Desperate"

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingsnorth View Post
    So are BA roles. I noticed a flurry come up before Christmas all wanting SC clearance. I have many years of RAF service and worked in the public sector for years, yet not being recognised as a starting point for a clearance.
    RAF is an excellent starting point for SC.
    It means you are quite likely to get it. It's no shortcut though. The process took around 2 weeks for an expedited SC last time I did it

Leave a comment:

• Kingsnorth
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Trace View Post
    I've heard that too. Worth looking into... seems to be no end of UX researcher/ designer roles out there as well.
    So are BA roles. I noticed a flurry come up before Christmas all wanting SC clearance. I have many years of RAF service and worked in the public sector for years, yet not being recognised as a starting point for a clearance.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Hmm... a bit of a glitch I think.

Only the one month ban was available when I retried.

So I gave him that.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And duly dealt with.
    Are you sure you've done what you meant to do and think you have done?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    And duly dealt with.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    I never claimed the car was mine Sherlock Homo, just a picture of a Ferrari in Marbella to wind eeky boy up. Seems like it did a good job too. And as for permie boy a few replies up, get your appraisal and charity work done!
    Nice homophobia and duly reported.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I never claimed the car was mine Sherlock Homo, just a picture of a Ferrari in Marbella to wind eeky boy up. Seems like it did a good job too. And as for permie boy a few replies up, get your appraisal and charity work done!
    Confirmed Trolling in the professional forums and 867

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    If you're going to try and bulltulip people, you better make sure your bulltulip stacks up and there's no inconsistencies.

That 'car' is left hand drive so JHTF you'll be driving it RHD on the wrong side of European roads is beyond me (and probably others who spotted the glaring slip)!

Leave a comment:

• starstruck
    replied
    Originally posted by blade99 View Post
    ... higher purchase! ...
    It's HIRE purchase and the photo is just taken from online - Ferrari California - Picture of Europe Luxury Cars, Marbella - Tripadvisor

Leave a comment:

• TheDogsNads
    replied

one for your eeky baby.
    I wouldn't apologise to him. That guy is clearly a bell end and one envious one at that. I forgot to mention the sports car will have to go as well as I don't really want to be driving a RHD car on the left hand side of the road. Not that that will mean more equity as I'll still need a car out there.
    If you're going to try and bulltulip people, you better make sure your bulltulip stacks up and there's no inconsistencies.

That 'car' is left hand drive so JHTF you'll be driving it RHD on the wrong side of European roads is beyond me (and probably others who spotted the glaring slip)!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by blade99 View Post
    So, im a contractor, watched this board a while and couldnt be assed to log in. Long story short, i went perm with an old client. However, i also landed the two contract roles i was offered during my bench time, but due to delays i had to turn both down, as i respect the client who gave me the perm role, and in this climate, the perm role made more sense

All i would say is, if everson, or whatever his name is was any good, he could land contract roles in this climate. I suspect that car is not his, or higher purchase!

Anyway, il maybe comment more in future. But you guys shouldnt rise to his bait. BBL abuse is perhaps legit in the way he is doing it, but its not in spirit, and tbh i worked with many tulipty contrators, they behave this way and frankly can not deliver, charlatans bascially.!
    The irony is that this entire conversation started not over the BBL (perfectly sensible thing to take and use) but the fact that because Oliverson's company is owed £30k by Oliverson the director there is a means for the liquidator to chase Oliverson directly for the money.

Using (and abusing) a bounce back loan is perfectly acceptable- needs must. A directors loan when the company you owe money to (and also own and control) owes HMRC money is not such a great idea.
    Last edited by eek; 26 September 2020, 09:29.

Leave a comment:

• blade99
    replied
    first post - been watching a while

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    There may be a train service?
    So, im a contractor, watched this board a while and couldnt be assed to log in. Long story short, i went perm with an old client. However, i also landed the two contract roles i was offered during my bench time, but due to delays i had to turn both down, as i respect the client who gave me the perm role, and in this climate, the perm role made more sense

All i would say is, if everson, or whatever his name is was any good, he could land contract roles in this climate. I suspect that car is not his, or higher purchase!

Anyway, il maybe comment more in future. But you guys shouldnt rise to his bait. BBL abuse is perhaps legit in the way he is doing it, but its not in spirit, and tbh i worked with many tulipty contrators, they behave this way and frankly can not deliver, charlatans bascially.

Reality ive seen, perm set up is screwed, interview process outside of clients you dont know crazy, and the contracts out there are thin on the ground. As a yardstick, given i chose to bench myself end of Feb due to ir35, and also working for other companies as a favour, (and a nice holiday in japan with gf)

I got 2/2 contract roles (May / july 2020), one with BT but was second choice it seemed, and rate tulip, plus the offer came in after accepted perm role, the other technuovo. They are for real, they doing HMRC and it was for lead on a certain border, but it came with a huge delay, and i suspect that project is being destroyed by UKG, so im glad i dodged it (though i would like the challenge of it),
    and 0/3 perm roles (i didnt have to interview for my current role).

Anyway good luck all, upside, i got 4.5k rebate from HMRC, and now they owe me £400 on my laptop, thanks Rishi!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There may be a train service?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You would probably need some sort of motorised transport contraption, I would wager.
    It's roughly 1000 miles so personally I would be flying...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    How do you live in Spain and work in Switzerland - I'm confused.
    You would probably need some sort of motorised transport contraption, I would wager.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X